Breaking Free From Your Chains Is A Lot Harder Than It Sounds

Breaking Free From Your Chains Is A Lot Harder Than It Sounds But You Will Gain Something From It

There's not a star in heaven that we can't reach. If we're trying, so we're breaking free.

116
https://unsplash.com/photos/zh0J32MrJfA

We're soaring! Flying! There's not a star in heaven that we can't reach. If we're trying, so we're breaking free.

Sound familiar? This song from the hit Disney movie resembled two high school sweethearts "breaking" the status quo and cliques of their high school and becoming who they chose. The sky is the limit when you make your own choices, and life is grand. Sounds fantastic right?

It does sound great, and I wish that that was all breaking free was. I wish there wasn't any baggage attached to it, but sadly there sometimes is. When you break free from a particular thing, it involves leaving something behind. However, there is also something you gain.

I honestly don't know who is and who isn't going to read this article, but whoever this piece of writing comes across to I hope to convey the same message. It's okay to remove yourself from situations. It's okay to not be okay with something and do something about it. You're not being mean. You're taking care of yourself, and sometimes that involves cutting your losses.

I wish things had ended differently, but I'm not apologizing for the reality that is. I did what I could to prevent further damage, but I couldn't control how you handled the situation. What's done is done and what happened has happened.

People can read my thoughts in multiple ways, but I know that I have a caring heart. I am more sensitive than what I would like to be in all honesty. I'm also emotional, so those attributes make situations like this hard. That's okay though. Don't let it control you and run your life, but also don't apologize for the way God made you. What's hard for me might not be a challenge for others.

As mentioned previously, breaking free involves both a loss and a gain. You lose whatever you were chained to, and you gain freedom at the very minimum, but often more. Sounds great right? It definitely should be. It's not easy though. Even though your chains weren't good for you, chances are you found comfort in them. That's why it might have taken a while to break free. Change is scary, so it makes sense to stay in our comfort zone and settle for whatever we're used to settling for.

It takes courage to break free, but it is so worth it. Wisdom is acquired, which is necessary in this broken world. It also shows how much you value yourself, which is also important. God created you in his image, so don't stick around other people or places that don't reflect that knowledge.

Like I said before, I don't know who will read this. It's probably best that way. It's not that I don't care, in fact, it is the exact opposite. I care about both of us enough to let God be sovereign here. There are things that I can't fix, despite wishing that I could. Things are a lot more peaceful when you let God be God. That's definitely a lesson I've learned. I hope you have too.