We must make the conscious decision to take our time.

Do you have a person in your life that is difficult to communicate with over text? I admit it. I think I'm that person sometimes. Not necessarily because I don't text back quick enough or my tone is hard to read. It's mainly because probably 75% of my text messages have typos in them. My best friend and I actually use some of the mistyped words I've used in our conversations because they're that ridiculous.

This is kind of a silly fact about me, but it opened my eyes to a change I need to make in my life. Sometimes, I rush through things. Okay, a lot of the time I rush through things. The example from this is clear. Why don't I just read the text message before I send it? What is so urgent about the message that it needs to be sent immediately?

I think it's important to note that, where there is room to slow down, we must make the conscious decision to take our time. If you're anything like me, this might be a more challenging task for you. Here are some reminders that are helping me slow down these days:

This has been very helpful to me while doing tasks for others. In order to love others the very best as I can, I really need to make sure that I'm not overextending myself by not taking a breather. It's just like the saying goes, "you can't pour from an empty cup". This is especially important when serving people you really love. Don't forget that you are worth of the same love you are constantly giving

1. You're worth slowing down.

This has been very helpful to me while doing tasks for others. In order to love others the very best as I can, I really need to make sure that I'm not overextending myself by not taking a breather. It's just like the saying goes, "you can't pour from an empty cup". This is especially important when serving people you really love. Don't forget that you are worth of the same love you are constantly giving!

2. You can do a lot, but you can't do it all.

Don't hear what i'm not saying. You're capable of a lot. It's incredible. Seriously, go you! But if you don't slow down, you will burn out. That's just the truth. Take a break now, to avoid a break down later!

3.Your best is the best to give.

I challenge you to take a moment and ask yourself, "am I giving my best?" I know I can speak for myself when I say that a rushed project is a often a poorly done project. Are you rushing through something that deserves your best effort?

I think if we try our best to remember these things, we will see better result from our efforts, not just in for our own projects, but in the way we love and serve others. We've got this!