What are brands that fight human trafficking?

13 Brands That Fight Against Human Trafficking

Human trafficking is the third largest international crime industry, only behind illegal drug and weapon trafficking.

103
https://unsplash.com/photos/MzuBho6SutQ

Human trafficking is a crime involving using force, fraud, or coercion to induce a human into labor or commercial sex. According to Polaris, it is a multi-billion dollar criminal industry that denies freedom to 24.9 million people around the world. Over recent years, awareness for this issue has grown. Many people really want to do something about this epidemic but don't know how to help. We are told that we can look for signs of trafficking around us, but that often doesn't feel like enough. Luckily, there are small ways you can help fight against trafficking by supporting businesses that donate to organizations. It's a small, but helpful way to join the fight.

1. Square Organics

Helping you reach your fitness goals and satisfy your sweet tooth, these organic protein bars are made with 10-13g of sprouted plant protein, coconut nectar and coated in real chocolate. They are also gluten-free, soy-free, and plant-based. These vegan bars come in great flavors like cookie dough and chocolate peanut butter. Square Organics makes a quarterly donation to the organization, Not For Sale.

2. Rebbl

REBBL crafts delicious, organic superfood beverages, such as cold brew, matcha, chai, and golden milk! Not only are the drinks delicious and good for you, REBBL donates 2.5% of revenue to Not For Sale to support regions of the world that are vulnerable to exploitation and human trafficking.

3. My Sister

MY SISTER makes statement clothing and accessories. MY SISTER's mission is to prevent sex trafficking, educate communities, empower the population, provide after-care for survivors, and offer growth opportunities to at-risk women through the sales of statement-making, ethically-sourced apparel, and accessories. A percentage of each purchase goes to their non-profit partners. This helps with raising awareness, prevention, intervention, aftercare, education, job skill training and ending the demand for sexual exploitation.

4. girl set free

girl set free makes beautiful tops, bags, and hats. They also make great pens for those who love stationary or need a cute office accessory. girl set free empowers women out of exploitation and into freedom through job opportunities.

5. the tote project

the tote project makes adorable, high-quality tote bags and pouches. They are perfect for carrying groceries, to use as a purse, or to take down to the pool or beach. They donate 20% of their profits to Two Wings to help survivors of human trafficking in the United States pursue their dreams.

6. Thistle Farms

Thistle Farms sells clothing, candles, teas, bath products, and many other goods. They also have a healthy cafe in Nashville, TN. Thistle Farms' mission is to heal, empower, and employ women survivors of trafficking, prostitution, and addiction. They help provide safe and supportive housing, the opportunity for economic independence, and a strong community of advocates and partners.

7. Uncvrd Jewelry

Uncvrd makes stunning, high-quality jewelry to add the perfect touch to your outfit. Their jewelry not only financially supports the fight against trafficking by donating 40% of the proceeds from each sale to their partner non-profit organization, but it is also a beautiful conversation starter to help spread awareness.

8. Citizen & Darling

Citizen&Darling is a clothing line designed to build awareness and support to the ever-growing epidemic of modern-day slavery and human trafficking. They have a broad range of items for men, women, and kids.

9. Purpose Jewelry

Purpose Jewelry is beautifully crafted by young women rescued from sex trafficking.

10. The Starfish Project

The Starfish Project is an organization that cares for women escaping human trafficking and exploitation in Asia. They offer stunning jewelry and t-shirts as well.

11. Good Paper

Good Paper creates adorable cards for sharing with your loved ones! The card is made by women who have escaped trafficking in the Philippines and young adults orphaned in Rwanda.

12. The Brave Collection

The Brave Collection's jewelry is handmade by talented Cambodian artisans who come from underprivileged backgrounds or suffer from disabilities. Each piece in our collection is carved and woven by hand in Cambodia using traditional metalwork techniques with brass, silver and gold vermeil materials. The goal is to provide job opportunities to talented artisans, exposing them to a global customer and collaborating creatively. Additionally, 10% of their profits are donated to fight human trafficking in Cambodia. They work with partners on the ground to support programming that empowers vulnerable Cambodian girls.

13. Serengetee

Serengetee partners with communities around the globe. Their products are centered around fabrics that support different causes, and you can customize your order based on the fabric or cause that you want to support! Serengetee gives back 10% of their profits to a diverse range of grassroots causes.

Human trafficking is a complicated, diverse, and wide-spread issue. For many of us, it's difficult to know where to get started to make a difference. Supporting businesses that are fair-trade and are working to fight against this issue is a small way to make an impact every day. It's time to bring trafficking out of the shadows and protect its victims.

January is Human Trafficking Awareness Month.