How You Can Date Two Boyfriends At The Same Time

I'm not cheating. I'm living.

510
Sophia DiBattista

I'm finishing up my first year at college, and while I have seen beneficial, dramatic changes within me and my confidence, I have learned another important lesson: I was in two relationships at the same time. Not only was I dating two people, but I did so unknowingly. I was unintentionally balancing time between both boys, and everything worked out alright. I'm going to name drop here: their names were Gym (yes, that's his real name) and Ed (short for "education"). I couldn't have gotten through freshman year without these two, and I can honestly say that dating both of them was a bumpy road but an incredible experience.

Let me start off by describing them. Gym is a guy I met around the third week of college, and since our first encounter, we've been almost inseparable. I was stressed out for being in the new environment and felt sluggish, like I needed to exercise and release all my built up emotions. That's when Gym came into my life. He was ripped, chiseled, and unexplainably good-looking, even though he always smelled like sweat. I started doing cardio and left him shortly after, but he urged me to start lifting. I agreed as long as he would stay with me and be awake when I was. We had a deal. From then on, we meet up three to four times every week. Although we only see one another for about an hour or an hour and a half, we love every second of it. He gives me motivation and confidence in my body, and I feel like I'm growing stronger both physically and mentally. I can control my stress more because of Gym. I love him.

Then there's Ed. I've known Ed my entire life, and he has always encouraged intellectual pursuits. I can't remember when I first met Ed, but it was probably in pre-school or a bit before then. As childhood sweethearts, we were an unstoppable duo. We've earned academic awards, watched "Jeopardy!", and read books. Throughout my life, he has pushed my capacity for knowledge and allowed me to unlock more rationality, reasoning, wisdom, and understanding. He wants me to succeed intellectually, which can cause me some headaches, especially because I see him every day. Even on the weekends, Ed and I run into each other and end up hanging out or reading more course material. Sometimes I would like to have my own space, but in college, he's everywhere. At least whenever I'm about to take a test I feel confident in what I know.

Both guys are great, and I advise dating them at the same time. They assist each other in making your life better, and the best part is that neither of them get jealous of one another. If I stay with Gym for a little longer than usual, Ed doesn't mind. If I skip a day with Gym to focus more on Ed, Gym understands. I'm lucky to have two amazing boyfriends, and if you can find yourself a Gym and an Ed, take up that opportunity to have them both. It's a hard balance once in awhile to handle, but when you get the hang of it, you'll be sitting pretty with a dumbbell in one hand and a book in the other.