To My Boyfriend's Brothers, Thank You For Everything

I never could have imagined that I'd gain this kind of friendship with you all.

306

Dear Boys,

Since there's 4 of you, I'd have to write a book to thank you all individually. But this will be kept short, sweet and to the point.

You guys are amazing. From the bottom of my heart, I can't thank you guys enough. I'm sure you're wondering why, as I've only been with your brother for what most would see as a short time.

In the time that I've been with your brother, I've gotten to know all of you. While many will see you as one whole family, I've learned just how different you all can be as brothers. How your personalities differ, your interests and who you are as an overall person. You each share the common similarities, but I've gotten to see you in a way, not many get the experience of.

While those that don't know you will categorize all of you as just funny, musically talented, boys...I see you as the 4 individual people that you are.

You all are so talented and smarter beyond your years. I've never seen a group of boys as mature as the 4 of you. Growing up with siblings isn't easy, especially when you have that many. I'm sure as you got older, it was tough to determine your own identity. One that isn't a part of those older or younger. But one that is all, you.

And you guys are different.

You guys took me in with open arms. I know it isn't easy when a brother takes in a new female (even more uneasy in our situation). But you all shared your lives with me and never hesitated to make me feel at home. From the moment we all met (which was all at different times), I could see the kind souls you all possess.

It's as if I had gained 4 extra brothers myself. You all have the protectiveness where if I knew I were in trouble, you'd answer on the first ring of the phone.

But nothing compares to the love you have for your brother. My heart grows warm whenever I see you guys with him. Brothers bicker and they fight, but I've watched you all mature in the, almost, year I've been seeing him. I've seen how each of you have helped shape who he is. To say parents do all the work in shaping their children is wrong.

While your parents (love you guys) have done so much to prepare you boys for the life you wish to live, you all used your own experiences to help shape the other. From finding the right instrument, to knowing what career path you want to pursue. You have a certain love for one another that, you really can't find in most siblings.

Let alone 5 boys.

Thank you, all 4 of you, for accepting me as your own. I love being able to call all of you some of my closest friends. Most importantly, thank you for loving your brother. Giving him the strength to where he is today. Being there to lift his spirits when he's down. I know you guys grew up with a lot of differences, but to watch you guys grow from your past has been an incredible journey.

I can't wait to see where life takes us all. Especially the 4 of you.

Love always,

Your brother's girlfriend.