8 Things My Boyfriend Wanted Me To Write About

I Asked My Boyfriend What To Write About And Here Are The 8 Things He Came Up With

We clearly have different article-related interests.

223
Photo by Tyson Dudley on Unsplash

As a writer, I occasionally experience the dreaded phase of writer's block. I have certain ways and methods of finding inspiration, though for this piece I thought I'd do something a little different. I asked my boyfriend what I should write about and I quickly found out that he and I do not have the same article-related interests.

As I tried to search through his scattered thoughts and make an article about one of them, I decided it may just be easier to write them all here.

1. Golf

He said that he'd be interested in an article about golf. While I can see how many would find interest in a golf-related article, I just don't really understand the game enough to even begin to formulate a thought or an opinion. In fact, up until about a year ago, I thought that there was only one hole on a golf course that was on the complete opposite side of the tee. I thought that hole-in-ones were absolutely insane as the ball had to travel miles over forests and ponds and hills. I thought an 18 hole course just meant that it took about 18 tries to get to the hole.

2. Fishing

OK, another topic that I could see how some would be interested in, but, again, not something I could personally expand on. I've been fishing many times in my life, but nothing too fancy. I can name a couple of specific fish, though I only know the majority of them through my boyfriend's teachings. I have also developed a large fear of bodies of water, so fishing is often a scary experience for me, but I have learned to enjoy it — as long as the fishies go back into the water safe and sound.

3. Living On A Budget

I think he may have just said this because, as an unemployed college student, I am currently living on a tight budget... which I suck at. Maybe he's just calling me out by saying this. Maybe he wants me to write an article about this so I would be forced to do research on how to adequately live on a budget. Whatever.

4. Cars

I don't know anything about cars. I know which ones are prettiest, most luxurious, shiniest. But I DO NOT know anything about what is going on under the hood of a car. That's my boyfriend's department. He knows pretty much everything there is to know about cars and he's actually taught me a decent amount. You know, the basics, like the fact that cars need an oil change more than once a year.

5. Responsibilities Of Living Without Parents

This is pretty relevant to our lives, as we both live without our parents, 1,600 miles away. It does come with quite a bit of responsibilities - I could actually write an article about this one. Maybe in the future, I could write an article explaining what it takes to live on your own, especially within the first year of moving away from home... interesting. Good idea, boyfriend.

6. Clash Of Clans

All of a sudden, my boyfriend has an obsession with this game that was really popular in, I don't know, 2012? He plays the game the majority of his free time. He talks about it all the time, he watches Youtube videos about it, and he tried very hard to get me to play it. Once again, I do not share this interest with him. Clash Of Clans? Not my thing.

7. (Turf) Grass

I feel like I need to expand on my boyfriend's interest in this: he works with ground maintenance at a golf course. He also has a little extra love for all things pesticide, fungicide, insecticide, grass, and more grass. He talks about grass-related things a lot of the time and watches a lot of grass-related videos. Don't get me wrong, I'm really glad that he loves what he does and has a lot of interest in it all... grass and all things related just aren't my things.

8. "The Bachelorette"

This is a lie. He has absolutely no interest in this; I've tried to explain the show and it's complexities to him multiple times, which was basically like speaking to a brick wall. He just does not care, which is very understandable.