15 Things To Call An Attractive Guy Instead Of 'Daddy'

Honestly, anything would be preferable

21818
fanpop

New millennial jargon seems to arise everyday, one of the newest being “daddy." While people have always said things like “sugar daddy" or “come to daddy" (which sounds a tad creepy to me...okay, a lot creepy), now just referring to an attractive man or one's boyfriend/husband as simply “daddy" has become the norm. *Gag*

I, for one, am utterly baffled by this “pet name," if it can be called such. I'd like to reserve “daddy" for my actual father, not someone I'd want to have a romantic relationship with or think is exceptionally attractive. Yes, I'd want a partner to have similar qualities to my dad, but I don't want them to be one and the same. With that being said, here are 15 things I'd rather call a handsome fellow--some normal, others strange, but all superior to the nauseating "daddy":

1. Stud

Grease makes calling a guy "stud" one of the coolest compliments out there.

2. Hottie

Or a hottie lamottie with a swimmer's body.

3. A dreamboat

Maybe it seems odd to bestow the title of an inanimate object that glides through water upon someone you find desirable, but it's far better than the familial alternative.

4. Greek-god-like

If he looks like he's carved from marble and shines like the golden sun, then compare him to the stunning Greek gods to express how gorgeous you find him. Think about it, would he rather be almighty Zeus or "daddy"?

5. Romeo

Even though Romeo's end was not a happy one, at least he wasn't calling Juliet “mommy" before he died.

6. Love muffin

Yes, I'd rather he be a sweet, crumbly baked good filled with berries or chocolate chips than “daddy."

7. Babe

Classic. Just forget about the pig with the same name.

8. Prince Charming

This kind of charming:

Not this kind:

(Though Chris Pine is great.)

9. Bae

No, not the one attached to the ocean, or the Danish meaning of the word.

10. Good Lookin'

What's cookin'?

11. Hunk

12. Honeybunch

Culinary terms > "daddy"

13. Boo

Is he a ghost coming to scare you on Halloween? Is he the love of your life? Who knows? As long as he's not “daddy," I'm fine.

14. My precious

Totally, one hundred percent creepy? Yes. Less creepy than "daddy"? Absolutely.

15. Boyfriend

Why not go old school and just call your boyfriend, boyfriend? (Or hubby if you're married.)

Note: if she had said "daddy," the audience would have mistakenly thought her actual father would come beat them up if they didn't comply.

Other preferable pet names include, but are not limited to: sweetie, snookum, baby cakes, dumpling, dragon, lamp, chair, butter, dirt, lake, pillow, blueberry, pencil, and literally every other word that exists in the world, excluding "daddy."