Why The Boy Who Broke Her Heart Never Deserved It To Begin With

You don't deserve her and you never did.

530
Ellen Tucker

To the boy who broke my best friend's heart,

You were lucky to have her. She gave you all of her spare time and attention. That isn't easy for a girl who is trying to figure her life out and just starting college.

She was open about her feelings. Well, as open as she gets. Until you broke her heart, the first time. I hadn't seen her cry like that in years. She doesn't like to be vulnerable with her emotions and you should know that.

You cheated on her.

That was your first mistake.

She is a lovely person, so she took you back. I didn't like you from that point on. She may have learned to trust you again, but I sure didn't. My guard went up because she let her's down.

Her friends used to tell her how she changed you for the better. Some of her good nature, sarcastic comments, and horribly funny jokes rubbed off on you. She made you a better person. You matured when you were by her side. You had to because of how well she treated you.

You knew she was good for you, yet you still ruined her.

When she went off to college, she decided that your relationship, just months away from being a year, was over. She tried to keep it going the first few weeks per your request, but you were the one to drop off. Not the busy, new college student, but you - the guy in high school.

You didn't let her end things before she left.

Instead, you started flirting with another girl. All while she was away at college, trying to keep you.

You ended the relationship with a phone call while she was walking across campus. She tried to hide her tears. You didn't care. You were free to be yourself again. I wasn't there to comfort her this time, though. Being miles away from her at another college sucks. I wanted to be the shoulder for her to cry on because that's what best friends do.

I hope you're happy with the "man" you are now. You made a mistake hurting my best friend, both times. I hope you grow up soon and learn to not make mistakes like that again.

Honestly, you don't deserve her and you never did.

She deserves a man who is kind, caring, responsible, funny, thoughtful, and loving. Until she finds him, I'll be there for her, helping her forget you ever hurt her.

But she's my best friend and you won't be getting her back.

Sincerely,

The best friend of an amazing person.