boyfriend is also best friend

when your boyfriend is also your best friend

Here are somethings I have learned about my boyfriend being my best friend.

696
Abbygale Watkins

1. Tell him anything

If you are dating your best friend, you aren't afraid to tell him anything. Yes, it might be hard at first, but he cares about you and wants to know what is wrong. He will be there to listen to any problem you have and help you solve it. If you are mad at him, he will know. He will try to figure out what he did wrong and try to fix it.

2. Doesn't matter what you look like

You could be in sweatpants and a t-shirt with no makeup, and he would still tell you you're beautiful. He loves you for you. He should want to show you off no matter how you look. Now when you do dress up, he will be your hype man.

3. Be yourself

You can be yourself around him. He loves it when you are goofy and don't care what people think. You should not be embarrassed to be yourself in front of him. He knows you're going to cry sometimes and he will be there for you. He might not tell you, but he thinks it's so funny when you get jealous over a girl just looking at him. He rather you be yourself than pretend to be someone you're not.

4. Meeting family

When meeting his family, you will be extremely nervous at first because you want them to like you. But after meeting them, you realize there was nothing to worry about. They welcome you in like you've been there before. And after a couple of visits, they will treat you like one of their own kids. His parents will ask you "When is the next time we will see you?" and always tell "You come back and see us."

Now, when he's meeting your family. You want your family to love him but not be all weird. Your dad will be protective and say stuff like, "Now if you break her heart, I'm going to have to break you." He's just trying to make sure his little girl is happy and doesn't want anyone to hurt you. Your mom will ask him 500 questions it seems like. And your siblings will try to get all the attention they can from him.

5. You are happy

He should make you feel like the luckiest girl in the world because you are so happy. You should be happy with your boyfriend. Yes, sometimes you will fight but you will get over those things you were fighting about. Don't worry about other girls because if he truly loves you he is not going to care how any other girl looks or what she says to him. You both should try to make the other one happy. If he doesn't make you happy, you shouldn't be with him.

My boyfriend and I live 3 hours away from each other. It shouldn't matter how far you are from each other, you should always be happy. If I'm having a bad day, he will try his best to make me feel better. He never fails to make my day. It's the little things like FaceTiming and sweet text that make my day.