Please Go Somewhere That Isn’t Disney World

Going To Disney More Than Once Ruins The Magic

If you can dream it, you can do it. And by do it, I mean go somewhere else.

174

While I do understand that it is "the most magical place on Earth", how many times can a human being visit the same place? Don't you get bored?

I have been fortunate enough to travel to both Disneyland Paris and Disney World in Florida. I vividly remember both. My parents were of the mindset that they would take all of their children when we were old enough to remember it. I grew up thinking that Disney was a place that was magical, and thus for that very reason, you only visit Disney once, otherwise, it takes away from the specialty of the experience.

Veni. Vidi. Vici. I came, I saw, I conquered, and now I have no desire to return (until maybe I have children of my own.)

I did all the wonderful things that are associated with Disney. I relived my childhood by chasing around the park searching for Winnie The Pooh and dined with all my favorite princesses. I got the signature of each character I met and took pictures like it was going out of fashion.

I've done the calculations – it is by no means inexpensive to travel to Disney and obtain tickets to each park and stay in the hotels. Not to even mention the other million extra things you can add to your experience. Which brings me to the conclusion that people return to Disney because they actually want to. Millions of people save their hard-earned money each year only to spend it on a vacation that they have been on countless times before.

My mind is blown.

Don't even get me started on Epcot – has anyone actually thought that you can actually visit the places that are displayed in the park? Why on earth would you have "tea in England" when you could literally buy a plane ticket to Heathrow and have an English Breakfast tea while overlooking the Thames.

I can guarantee that experience will be a thousand times more 'magical' than being in the actual location rather than Orlando, Florida.

Obviously, while I know not everyone has the financial means to travel all around the globe, why would someone willingly return to the same place year after year? Here's a thought, why not use that money to travel around the continental US?! The beauty of this country is that the culture differs from state to state.

I often find myself having this conversation with my peers, and there are two kinds of people that I run into in retaliation: the ones that agree with me and the ones that listen to my perspective and still think I am a psychopath.

I am genuinely curious into knowing what this obsession with Disney is, so if you feel as though you can convince me otherwise, please let me know.