Why Settle?

Why Settle?

He's worth the wait

8
Why Settle?

What you're about to read isn't anything new. You've probably heard it a thousand times before. This time though, I encourage you to take the time to let it truly sink in... pray about it... and act on it. Take it to heart because it is SO important.

Stop settling. We often let ourselves fall into the worlds standards and allow ourselves to live by them, but that is unacceptable!! Start waiting. I can guarantee that God's timing is way better than our own, even if we don't like it. It is worth the wait because you deserve a MAN.

At first, a boy will make you think he's the real deal. You won't be able to resist him, and honestly, you won't want to. But after a while, he will make you feel like you have to change yourself to be loved. He will break you down instead of building you up. He will not allow you to grow as a person. A boy will make you feel like you have to do something you are not comfortable with in order to keep him. He will tell you what you want to hear to get what he wants rather than what you need to hear. A boy will take you away from your friends and family because he is selfish. He will go to church with you because he feels like he has to, not because he wants to. He will give up easily and never try to fix the relationship when rough waters come.

A MAN OF GOD will treat you like the princess you are because after all, you are the daughter of the King. He will not only pray for you but he will pray WITH you. He will point you back to the cross on your good days and especially on your bad days. He will grow with you and push you closer to Jesus. A man of God will spend time with your family and friends because they are important to you. He will challenge you, encourage you, and support you. He will never give up on you. He will fight for you and the relationship. He will see you through the Lord's eyes. He will spend time in the word rather than the world. ("word vs world... don't take the L" -Pastor Anthony)

I know which guy I would choose, what about you?

Choose God. He will guide your path and lead you to an amazing man when you least expect it. Do. Not. Settle. It is worth the wait.

In the mean time, enjoy life. Why sit around waiting on some boy when there is so much more to look forward to in this beautiful life? Do what you love. Follow your dreams. Learn who you are through Jesus and learn to love yourself.