To The Boy Who Made Everything Better

To The Boy Who Made Everything Better

We never dated, yet you gave my life meaning.

16
To The Boy Who Made Everything Better
Public Domain Pictures

To the boy who made everything better,

You made four years of my life amazing. You were my best friend, and I can never thank you enough. We went almost everywhere together. Anytime we saw each other our arms were wrapped tightly around one another. We were inseparable.

But we weren't compatible.

We weren't meant to be together, and that's OK. We were supposed to stay friends, which is even better. Dating you meant the small chance of losing you forever. I was not going to take the risk. I did not have to date you for you to be the one to make things better. You made everything better by just staying by my side.

You made my thoughts on men lighter than before. Because of you, I might be able to love someone else. You were my protector through all these years. Who knows what could have happened to me without you. You made sure no one treated me less than my worth.

So here's to you, the boy who showed me that not all men were the same.

You deserve the best. You deserve happiness and love, just like you showed me I did. I hope you find all things good in the world. I want you to know you should never settle for less because you would not let me settle for less. You made everything better, and I am forever in debt to you.