To The Boy Who Broke My Heart, I Hope You're Doing Well

You showed me so many things about myself through your emotional abuse that I didn't even know was inside of me.

55
Kinsey Bradley

First off, I'd just like to say thank you. I know this may sound weird, but I am truly thankful for this overwhelmingly horrendous heartbreak. You showed me so many things about myself through your emotional abuse that I didn't even know was inside of me.

I learned how to be comfortable alone, and with you, I didn't know how to be okay if someone wasn't around me at all times.

I found comfort and security in your violent words because I thought that's what I deserved. I know my worth now and for that, I am so thankful.

You made me so insecure about my past and childhood because yours was so different than mine. I tried to run from my problems, and you presented them to me all the time as if I didn't know they were there. It scared me and made me feel so worthless and belittled.

Finally, I learned that my past doesn't define me, even though you made it seem like it did. I am so proud of myself for realizing that I am worth just as much as the next girl.

I don't always have to prove my worth to you, which was one the most exhausting and emotionally draining things I've done.

At the end of the day, I was still so insecure and unhappy. I used to blame myself for your unhappiness, and now I know that is so far from the truth.

You were so afraid to be happy. Now, I see so many things about you that I didn't when we were together because I was too busy justifying your actions.

Your words don't define me, and they will never again. I will never feel so shameful about loving someone again. You can never manipulate my emotions ever again.

Best wishes,

A girl who's moving on