25 Things True Bostonians Know To Be True

We love that dirty water.

145

As a city, we've overcome many hardships. We've had some of the worst weather-snow storms, hurricanes, and flooding. We've come together with love and support after the tragedy that struck us on April 15, 2013. We are a family. We have the most dedicated fans for our professional sports team. We also have some of the strongest accents that you can hear from a mile away and know where we're from. We love our fresh seafood, especially our famous New England Clam Chowder.

So, if you're not from the area, here are 25 things Bostonians know all too well to be true.

1. We know we say “wicked” religiously

It's part of our everyday language. It's used as an adverb, adjective, whatever you want honestly. It's a free for all.

2. Dunkin' is the only coffee establishment in our minds

Starbucks who?

3. Yes, we drink iced coffee in the winter

Crazy right? We put our plastic iced coffee cups inside of styrofoam cups to keep our hands warm and our coffee cold.

4. You’ll probably find us in the hockey rink all winter long

It might be 20 degrees outside but that won't stop us from being in the cold rink.

5. The shamrock is near and dear to our hearts

Southie forever.

6. St. Paddy’s Day is the best holiday here

Ever heard of the song "I'm Shipping Up To Boston" by the Dropkick Murphys?

7. Despite what you may think and what Siri or your GPS tells you, it’s called a ROTARY

"Roundabouts" don't exist in our vocabulary.

8. TB12 (Tom Brady) is our idol. He’s the GOAT

If you bring up #DeflateGate, you're asking for a heated argument.

9. You can never predict the weather

It could be 80 degrees in February. It could be snowing in late April.

10. We hate the Yankees

If you wear a Yankees hat around Boston, good luck.

11. We hate being mistaken for having New York accents

They're not even close.

12. Mark Wahlberg, Matt Damon, and Ben Affleck are our heroes

Boston born and raised.

13. Fenway is our sacred space

We love our green monster and all the memories it holds.

14. New England Clam Chowder is the only chowder and it’s the best

Manhattan "clam chowder" is to clam chowder as Chicago "pizza" is to pizza.

15. The North End is home to the best pasta you’ll ever taste and… Mike’s Pastry!!!

Chocolate chip or plain cannoli???

16. Nor’easters are nothing to us

Grab your shovels and snow blowers.

17. Even if you’re from here, you’ll still get lost

Why would the streets make sense? We like a good challenge.

18. Patriot’s Day is our holiday and it’s when the Boston Marathon takes place

If you can make it up Heartbreak Hill, you've accomplished life.

19. A “regular coffee” is an everyday term

Hot coffee with cream and sugar please.

20. If you refer to it as “Cape Cod” you’re clearly not from here

We like to shorten it to "the Cape."

21. We’re pros at banging U-Eys

22. We are Massholes and we are proud

We take pride in our risky driving.

23. Jimmies are chocolate and sprinkles are rainbow

No further discussion.

24. Towns are never pronounced the way that they’re spelled

We're used to it. Worcester = "Wooster."

25. The “Packie” is the liquor store