If You Start Noticing The Little Things, Your Mood Will Start To Be Brighter

Stop and smell the roses.

77
Victor Freitas

It's the little things that keep me going day in and day out.

The little things that help me push through all that I stress about.

You know what I'm talking about.

The surprisingly nice weather, the free cookie from the Starbucks barista, someone holding open the door for you and giving you a warm smile.

It's the small, seemingly trivial things like that that make my day.

If you learn to notice and appreciate them, your mood will brighten up, no doubt about it.

Even if you're having a miserable day and you failed an exam and you lost your favorite umbrella, try to look for the little things that did go right that day.

Maybe you got to talk to your friends from your hometown or there was no line at the printer when you went to the library.

Maybe you got up early and had the time to eat breakfast for once. Maybe just the sound of the birds chirping in the morning made you realize that spring is actually finally here.

Changing your mindset is a huge part of changing your attitude and improving your motivation. I doubt any of us want to do anything when we're miserable or sad. But the can-do attitude tends to come out when it's sunny out and we've had a great day.

So try to start every day by saying that it is a great day, not that it will be a great day. That way, you'll already be in a much better mood.

Remember to keep the little things in mind! It may be cliché but it really does help to have the mindset to stop and smell the roses.