Credit: The Huffington Post
Pin It
// At Asbury University

15 Books To Make Your Spring Break Better

Whether you're on a beach or stuck at home, you should read.

Add to Collection

To add this article to a collection, you must be logged in.

I'm always reading, but I know not everyone can read every day. Well, if you're a student, spring break is a perfect opportunity to catch up on some books published over the last few years. If you already have a TBR list as long as the lineage from Adam to Jesus, then you should start with that of course. But if you're at a bit of a loss for what you should read, then I have fifteen suggestions for you.

1 and 2. The Girl from Everywhere and The Ship Beyond Time by Heidi Heilig

21979832

If you like time travel, pirate ships, and historical fiction packed with diverse characters, I don't know why you haven't read Heidi's debut novel yet. Even better, the sequel, The Ship Beyond Time, came out just last week, so you can binge-read them.

3. Piecing Me Together by Renee Watson

30038963

I love Renee's writing. But if that's not enough reason for you to pick this one up, it's about art, family, friendship, race, and class.

4. Everything Leads to You by Nina LaCour

18667779

I really enjoy books when the heroines know exactly what they want to do with their lives. Don't get me wrong - every single heroine knowing isn't realistic, but if it's done well, it can be inspiring. This one's set in L.A. and there's a bit of a mystery, which is fun.

5 and 6. Rebel of the Sands and Traitor to the Throne by Alwyn Hamilton

32612470

Arabian Nights meets the Wild West. And the sequel releases this week, so you won't have to wait long to read book two.

7. The Only Thing Worse Than Me Is You by Lily Anderson

26114524

I recommend this book every chance I get. It's a Much Ado About Nothing retelling with banter and nerd culture, and it was probably my favorite book of 2016.

8. Girl Against the Universe by Paula Stokes

26156199

Quietly lovely, GATU deals wonderfully with good portrayals of mental illness. Points for a delightful love interest and pretty much no family drama.

9. The Geek's Guide to Unrequited Love by Sarvenaz Tash

24832518

It's basically an '80s movie-meets-nerd-culture. I loved that the ending wasn't as sugary sweet as I expected.

10 and 11. Murder Is Bad Manners and Poison Is Not Polite by Robin Stevens

22546619

If you love cozy middle grade mysteries, this is the series for you. They're narrated by Hazel Wong, who is sort of the Watson to Daisy Wells's Sherlock.

12-15. Amy and Roger's Epic Detour, Second Chance Summer, Since You've Been Gone, and The Unexpected Everything by Morgan Matson

18189606

Morgan's books are perfect for any time of the year, but they're especially good spring break or summer vacation reads.

If you've read all of these and need more recommendations, I have eons of lists on my blog: Awkwordly Emma. Happy reading!

Like Odyssey on Facebook

I write like I'm running out of time.