13 Books To Read This Spring Break

13 Books To Read This Spring Break

Whether you're on a beach or a plane or at home, use your time to read!

82
13 Books To Read This Spring Break
Shutterstock

After last year's spring break book recommendation post, I knew I had to do it again. After all, hundreds more books released in 2017, and there are some older titles I need to recommend too. So if you're looking for the perfect book to read during your spring break travels or downtime, I've got thirteen (well, technically eighteen) recommendations for you.

1. The Fixer by Jennifer Lynn Barnes

If you love Scandal or Veronica Mars or even West Wing, you'll probably love Jennifer Lynn Barnes's YA political thriller.

2. The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas

It's a New York Times' bestseller for a reason. If you haven't read this Black Lives Matter-centered book yet, what's stopping you?

3. The Language of Thorns by Leigh Bardugo

If you're looking for rich fantasy with some familiar tales retold, this collection of short stories is perfect.

4-7. Open Road Summer, The Start of Me and You, When We Collided, and The Names They Gave Us by Emery Lord

Emery's contemporary novels are beautiful. Her first two are relatively light and swoonworthy, but the more recent two are deeper and even more relatable.

8. The Star-Touched Queen by Roshani Chokshi

If you're seeking more rich fantasy, Roshani wove a unique world in her debut novel.

9. Eliza and Her Monsters by Francesca Zappia

If you don't mind more serious books when you're on vacation, Eliza and Her Monsters is perfect, thanks to its dealings with mental illness, creativity, and friendships.

10. Love, Hate & Other Filters by Samira Ahmed

Stories about hate crimes and wrong perceptions are always relevant.

11. Tash Hearts Tolstoy by Kathryn Ormsbee

If you love web-series and quirky protagonists, Kathryn's books, especially her latest, are perfect for you.

12. My Lady Jane by Cynthia Hand, Brodi Ashton, and Jodi Meadows

If, however, you prefer historical fiction that doesn't take itself too seriously, you've gotta read the Lady Janies' remix of Lady Jane Grey.

13. The Thief by Megan Whalen Turner (and the subsequent books in the series)

Megan Whalen Turner's fantasy series is a CLASSIC. It's as old as me and a Newbery Honor to boot.

What do you plan to read during your spring break this year?