10 Books To Check Out If You Want Non-Cheesy YA Romance

10 Books To Pick Up If You Like Non-Cheesy YA Romance

If you add a bit off horror in the mix, how cheesy can it really get?

1126
https://www.pexels.com/search/book/

If you're anything like me, when it comes to reading, cheesy romances just don't do it for you. It needs to be mixed in with something more realistic or quite the opposite. If you're looking for interesting, non-cheesy YA romance, check out these books!

Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins (An Intertwined Trilogy)

Anna is far from happy when she's shipped off to boarding school in Paris right before her senior year in Atlanta where her best friend and crush are. Things turn around when she meets an awesome group of friends and the beautiful object of her affections, Etienne St. Clair. The only problem is that he's taken and it's possible her crush at home might become something more. After many near misses, will her potential romance bloom?

There's Someone in Your House by Stephanie Perkins

Like Anna and the French Kiss, There's Someone in Your House offers a romantic story, however, it is definitely a side story to a more gruesome tale. There are disturbing murders overtaking the local high school, and Makani and her friends are forced to face the dark events of the present and their own pasts. It takes them face to face with adventure, terror, and romance. For slasher meets romance, look no further.

The Selection by Kiera Cass (Series)

c1.staticflickr.com

If you like The Bachelor franchise, dystopian novels, politics, and/or romance, look no further. America enters the draw to court the prince alongside several other women in order to earn food for her family and get a better life. Leaving the life she knows (and the love she knows) behind, she has to learn to act the part to make it as far as possible in the competition. Little does she know, she might fall in love in the process.

The Siren by Kiera Cass

The Siren follows Kahlen, girl turned deadly weapon. She and her sisters work for the ocean, luring humans as sacrifice to feed it. Although Kahlen hates the thought of killing people, especially as her own family was killed in a sacrifice, her work leaves her no choice. One day she finds an instant connection, but has to work around the fact that if she speaks or sings, he'll instantly go to his death in the water.

To All the Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Han (Series)

To All the Boys I've Loved Before is a cheesy love story premise told in a unique and fun way. Lara Jean always writes love letters to her intense crushes, addresses them, but never sends them. One day, her letters are somehow sent out to all of her old crushes, and more recent crush, her big sister's ex-boyfriend, Josh. In this story of sisterhood, friendship, and love, follow Lara Jean as her creative plot to avoid Josh thinking she still has a crush leads her to her own great love story.

Once and for All by Sarah Dessen

Louna spends her summer working with her Mom and family friend's wedding planning company. After tragic events have struck her life, she finds solace in the planning, organization, and predictable day to day path her life has taken. When the very unpredictable Ambrose enters her life and throws everything off balance, she finds healing, adventure, and challenges in his company.

Vision in White by Nora Roberts (The Bride Quartet Series)

Vision in White is the first of four books in the Bride Quartet Series written by Nora Roberts. It introduces best friends Mac, Emma, Parker, and Laurel, four women who run their own wedding business. Book one follows Mac, who is in charge of the photography part of the company. Afraid to lose her independence and give into love, she finds herself falling head over heels for Carter, a teacher at the local high school. Each book follows one of the women and their personal love stories.

One of Us is Lying by Karen M. McManus

Amazon

One of Us is Lying is a murderous spin on "The Breakfast Club." Bronwyn, Addy, Nate, Cooper, and Simon could not be more different. When they meet in detention, the clash of personalities is apparent, and things only get worse when one of them ends up dead. While the story covers the mystery behind the death, there is a side romance that brews between intellectual Bronwyn and "bad boy" Nate.

The Amateurs by Sara Shepard (Series)

The Amateurs follows amateur detectives Seneca, Maddox, Aerin, and Brett as they try to solve the murder of Aerin's sister's murder. After meeting on a crime solving website, they meet up to try and put the clues together. Seneca and Maddox had been talking on the website for ages, but meeting in person, neither of them is quite what the other expected. For one thing, Seneca thought Maddox was a girl. Their blooming romance acts as a side story to a dark, unraveling mystery.

Safe Haven by Nicholas SparksĀ 

Of all of Nicholas Sparks' novels, Safe Haven is among my favorites. The book features the mysterious Katie who appears in the small town, Southport. She tries her best to keep her distance from personal relationships, but unwillingly falls for Alex and begins to love him and his two kids. When her dark secret is revealed, everything could come unraveled.