5 Books Every Introvert Should Read

5 Books Every Introvert Should Read

You will love every single one of them.

141
5 Books Every Introvert Should Read
Madeline Franke

Reading has been my escape for as long as I can remember. It is not only a way to explore new worlds and topics, but it is also a journey toward self-discovery.

As an introvert living in an extroverted world, it can be discouraging and hard to view my personality traits as strengths. Here are five empowering and relatable books for introverts:

"Quiet" by Susan Cain

youtube

This "New York Times" bestselling, nonfictional work is one of the most inspiring and powerful books I've ever read. Susan Cain, an introvert herself, explains the science behind introverted personalities and how the world should value them.

With her careful psychological research and analysis of some of the most successful, introverted leaders in history, she helps readers view introverts through a different lens.

"The Help" by Kathryn Stockett

Dreamworks Pictures

If you are a lover of historical fiction, this book is for you.

The story follows a young writer named Skeeter as she attempts to write a book about African Americans working in white households in the south during the 1960s.

Her goal is to shine a light on discrimination issues and bring equality. The first-person accounts of each character feel so real and authentic. It was hard to put this book down.

"The Collected Poems of Emily Dickinson"

live.staticflickr.com

This is a classic book of poems by a famous introverted recluse. Her poems are observations of human nature, society, and the outside world. If you do not normally read poetry, try something new! I highly recommend.

"The Great Gatsby" by F. Scott Fitzgerald

This is a classic, and you might be asking how any introvert could relate to a charming, charismatic, party-thrower, but it turns out that Gatsby is more introverted than you think.

His few relationships and isolated lifestyle make him an interesting character. This book is narrated by Nick Carraway, who is reserved, observant, and a good listener.

The characters, symbolism, and the plot kept me flipping pages.

"To Kill a Mockingbird" by Harper Lee

This is probably one of my most favorite books if I had to choose. It is a trial, a mystery, and a coming-of-age story all wrapped into one. It is hard not to fall in love with the characters, especially Atticus as a lawyer and father figure.

Happy reading!