'Bohemian Rhapsody' Is A Film You Do Not Want To Miss Out On

This film released my inner fan-girl and I'm not ashamed of it.

16

For those of you who still have not seen or have heard about Bohemian Rhapsody, you are missing out! Do yourself a favor and go see this movie! I LOVED it, and let me tell you why.

I have so much respect for filmmakers who can take a real story and retell it as accurately as possible. For this film, they went to the ends of the earth to make the audience feel like we were a part of this era of music. The colors, actors, and atmosphere as a whole were beautiful in my eyes. My eyes were glued onto the screen the entire way through because of these captivating elements.

Another huge appreciation I have for this movie is the acting itself, Rami Malek's to be exact. The man worked so hard on delivering Freddie Mercury just as he carried himself and did such a magnificent job at it. When watching the film, you can tell how hard Rami worked at becoming Freddie physically, emotionally, and spiritually. In my opinion, I could easily see Rami winning an award for his performance and would not be surprised if he did. I believe the making of this film will be the peak of his fame, for this is an iconic film based on the legendary game changer of music itself, Queen!

Now let me rant about my favorite part of the film altogether-the band performances. These simply took my breath away. Queen's music itself takes my breath away every time I listen to them, but imagine watching them IN PERSON, IN CONCERT. Imagine how that would've looked like and sounded, well guess what, you're in luck. If you weren't alive back then like myself, then at least you can have an idea of what it was like by seeing Bohemian Rhapsody in theaters.

Growing up, I could probably speak for my generation that we heard at least ONE of Queen's hits at every single school dance we went to. I can guarantee that more than half of my generation does not know the story of the band, how they came to be, and what happened to the musicians later on. This film could also mean a lot to the people (our parents) who were alive through this shift in music because they actually got to live through it and see for themselves, how much Queen impacted the music industry. They are capable of comparing their experience with this film's depiction which could be even more special for this particular audience.

Altogether, I am so excited that this movie was made to educate my generation and the future generations about this iconic band. I think this is something that should be solely focused on rather than the little things such as reenactment, accuracy, and events that were not touched on as deeply as they could've been. Not every film based on a true story is always told word by word, but as long as they were able to deliver the main takeaways that they would like the audience to absorb, then I think they have done their job.

If you would like to talk about Bohemian Rhapsody more in depth with me, please message me! I'd love to hear your opinion on it. Just remember that everyone is entitled to their own opinion and we all have different outlooks! Be courteous. Thanks for reading and have a great week everyone!