Back To School Blues

Back To School Blues

Poetic inspiration to achieve the success you desire

19
Back To School Blues

My alarm clock is set and it's for a time far too early to tell. I'm destined to press snooze, I know it but, oh well!

As you may have guessed I'm preparing for back to school rather than out enjoying the sunshine. They try to tell me it isn't my first rodeo and I'll be just fine, but I just whine because I want forever summertime but instead I'll be locked away in the dimensions of the schoolhouse like a prison, while shaky beads of sweat got me taking my pre-quiz glistening because the heat is still torturing me although my luxury of enjoying the season has been suddenly revoked. I'm quick to turn the station because Drake's summer sixteen is now suddenly a joke.

Yes a joke but nobody's laughing except for parents and the teachers with their evil syllabus plans. They will assign you more than enough homework for you plus your friends then wonder why you're so stressed out as if your life isn't in their hands. I guess it's okay because this is the life they recommend, claiming you can't be anything without a higher education. That's clearly false because there are a million ways to make the cut and everybody has a different knife.

In other words, you can't properly measure success because everybody has lived a different life. We all come from different places, and to forget them we should not because someone can start at the bottom then make it to the top and technically has had more success than the person who started in the middle and didn't have to climb a lot. If the person who started halfway is just a step or two ahead, then people see him as more successful when he never had to eat crackers and cheese spread.

So that's why you should never question the success someone is trying to make. Be supportive of them even when they're feeling a little irate at the fact that school starts in a couple days because you both can become successful, you both can reach the top! Don't bag on them cause you'll feel bad when you eavesdrop and find out you have things they never got, but know you're both capable of driving that drop top whether you both stay in school or not because success is a state of mind (that's a quote I never forgot). So as we set our alarm clocks, don't you snooze for too long because there's success to be made, you can do it, just stay strong!