Blue Light Glasses Have Become My Favorite Pandemic Purchase — Here's Why

No, it's not just because they look cute, but also yes, that is a factor.

6

When the world went from in-person to online, my screen time dramatically increased, which meant my technology headaches dramatically increased. I hated that I had to strain my eyes for hours a day looking at a screen and was miserable due to the number of headaches I was getting. When my mom suggested blue light glasses, I was incredulous about whether they worked or not but desperate so I agreed immediately and within an hour found a pair and had ordered them off of Amazon. After they came, I tried them on and immediately tested out whether or not they reduced my headaches and to my surprise they did. While I have made plenty of purchases that I only made due to the pandemic, here is why blue light glasses have been my favorite.

I paid $18 for these glasses back in March and have worn them almost every day since. They are especially helpful when you have to watch a long lecture or write an essay because your eyes don't strain as much due to the tint of the glasses. While I originally bought these glasses to use during online classes, I also use them when I am watching Netflix on my computer and am able to binge more episodes which probably isn't the best thing healthwise but during lockdown, was great in keeping me occupied and sane. When I am using my phone—specifically TikTok—these have become a necessity because while I could stop scrolling on my for you page for hours on end, I have accepted that I am addicted to TikTok, and at least this way I don't get any headaches.

They are also really cute and great for anyone who always wanted glasses as a child but had perfect vision. I know this is a very specific subsect of people but for all of you who have perfect vision but felt you would look cute in glasses, now's your chance. While most of the time I wear them only when using the computer, I occasionally forget that I still have them on and run errands in them and do other non blue light tasks and my vision isn't impacted in the least bit.

While I do still get the occasional screentime headache while wearing the glasses overall, they have been dramatically reduced and I recommend a pair to anyone who's life is now mostly online. You can find them on Amazon for cheap and they have so many different styles.

I wish it hadn't taken me a pandemic to find out about these glasses but I am so glad that I have and will continue to use them when life goes back to normal.