do blondes have more fun

No, Blondes Don't Have More Fun

Assumptions of personality traits based on hair color are lies.

221

Blondes are notorious for two things: the "dumb blonde" stereotype and the phrase "blondes have more fun" (which, up until recently, I didn't realize originates from a Dolly Parton song).

I spent my entire life as a blonde up until the moment I bought brown hair dye on a whim and changed the color of my hair nearly a month ago. Since doing so, the phrase "blondes have more fun" sounds like utter rubbish.

I feel as though I engage in more "crazy" activities since becoming a brunette: vaping, participating in activities I would have never considered trying before. Sure, I could chalk this up to me feeling like a different, changed person with the idea "new hair, new me."

The thing that gets me, though, is that I feel like I have been granted permission to "have fun" because I'm no longer weighed down by the "dumb blonde" stereotype. Before, I was so concerned about not doing something stupid or saying something stupid; if I did, I was feeding into the stereotype. Now, there's no weight attached. I no longer worry about appearing stupid.

Putting this aside, a hair color doesn't define someone's personality. It's silly to think that way.

I went from blonde to brunette, and I have no intention to go back anytime soon.