A Thank You To My Blessed Father

A Thank You To My Blessed Father

My Teacher, My Protector, My Papi.

16
A Thank You To My Blessed Father
Miriam

Sometimes in life, we have people who fill in roles that they are not obligated to take. Yet, when they do it is like two puzzle pieces coming together and fitting perfectly. They build a connection with you so strong it was like it was always there, that they were always meant to take that place.

In my life, I have met that puzzle piece, it joined my life even before it began. This person is the world's greatest gift that I have. I swear they must know that I love them, appreciate them, that I am forever grateful to them.

Who else would give me a father's wisdom?

Who else would understand my frustration?

Who else would understand my passions?

My concerns and My fears?

You are not my father by blood yet you are him by the blessings above. You are my father through water and through the powers above.

It is because of you that I am able to have a relationship that, I have now realized I always wanted.

I am your pretty girl, your Miriam.

In my life, I have been influenced and guided by many. You are a primary example of a guide and a teacher.

A person who I can have deep conversations about the world, and its mystery's. You have become my teacher and I, your student. Yet, with all the wisdom, the affection you have bestowed on me I have done the same. Though I will continue learning from you maybe I can teach you more.

You have made me feel special and empowered.

When I speak, you don't speak to me like a child but a young adult who wants to share what's on her mind. Not many do so? They think because I am not their age, that my words mean nothing. That I should have no input. That I don't understand the world, that when I speak I am nothing but a child playing a grown adults game. But YOU take my words into consideration, you take my nonsense and give it meaning. You are nothing like them.

You are my uncle but more than that you are my Papi.

You are my father and you have soothed a part of my soul.

You are my Papi and I love you so much.

I am glad to call you my Papi and I know far into the future my children will know what it means to call you their grandpa.