15 Black-Owned Plus-Size Clothing Brands

15 Black-Owned Size-Inclusive Clothing Brands For Your Most Stylish Summer Yet

Is it getting hot in here?

2879

It's a pretty well-known fact that the average American woman wears a size 16 or 18. Yes, most mainstream brands and mass retailers cater to sizes below that — both in their external media and what they are actually selling.

Size-inclusive brands aren't totally new, but what happened when brands catered towards curvy women started to come about is that they were really only developing timeless essentials — incredibly important, but still missing the mark for stylish, fashion-forward women who like bold statement pieces and want to keep up with what's happening on the most happening runways.

More importantly, we're becoming more and more conscious about where our hard-earned money is going. As much as I love some of mass retailers, I'm making more of an effort to support the Black community by making more mindful purchases. Each and every one of these brands and designers are selling exactly what you'd find at your favorite mass retailer, but they do that and so much more.

Brace yourself for highly-curated collections of wearable art with bespoke, hand-detailed touches.

Odyssey may earn a portion of purchases made via links on this page.