How You Can Support The Black Lives Matter Movement From Home

Change will happen we all stand together.

85
Photo by Julian Wan on Unsplash

We all see that the world is unifying in the fight for racial change in this country. People have been marching in the streets for those who have died from police brutality to recieve justice. Now many people aren't able to march and that's totally understandable. People want to be able to help from home because we are still dealing with a pandemic. Here are a few ways yo can contribute to the case.

1) Donate

Every little helps Photo by United Nations COVID-19 Response on Unsplash

Donations mean everything, whether it's a dollar or a hundred dollars. You can donate to bail funds, local organizations, the families of people who were killed who have to pay for funeral costs, lawyer fees, and bill proposals so that tragedies won't happen to other people.

2) Sign Petitions

Petitions go a long way when you're trying to seek justice. It can get killers prosecuted, have laws changed, even introduce new bills for states and even at the federal level.

3) Educate Yourself

man wearing headphones while sitting on chair in front of MacBook Photo by Wes Hicks on Unsplash

Learning about the movement and educating yourself helps in progress. Speak to your black friends and ask them your questions on how can help and how bad it's gotten for the black community. Watch documentaries, films, television regarding racial injustice. These are based on the true stories of real people that had to endure these hardships due to racism.

4) Support Protesters

Hector Cervantes

Yo can be out on the sidelines helping out protesters. Handing out masks, water, snacks, food, signs, etc help out the cause. There's still a pandemic and it's the beginning of summer. The heat can come at you quickly and a little small thing that helps goes a long way.

5) Spread Awareness

white and black wooden frame Photo by LOGAN WEAVER on Unsplash

Use your privilege, your platform, your voice to continue to spread the word and fight the fight. Just because there have been some charges doesn't mean the fight is over. Post the photos, continue with hashtags, continue speaking on it. Do not lose the momentum.