11 Spotify Playlists To Help You Celebrate Black History Month

"Play it louder. Do it with joy."

544
Sophie Harris

February is a time for honoring the brave black people of the past, present and future. These 11 playlists will help you celebrate Black History Month and inspire you to make a difference.

1. "Black History Month"

"A playlist meant to inspire, evoke, remember, and celebrate important people, contributions and seminal moments in history." Featuring Donny Hathaway, The Jackson 5, Lenny Kravitz, Otis Redding, and more.

2. "The Black Power Mixtapes 1967-1975"

"A playlist featuring the music from the award-winning documentary." Featuring Aretha Franklin, Tina Turner, James Brown, The Supremes, and more.

3. "Black Lives Matter"

"Songs to support the #BlackLivesMatter movement." Featuring J. Cole, Stevie Wonder, Nina Simone, Usher, and more.

4. "Black, Queer, and Proud"

"Discover the multifaceted creativity of the black queer community." Featuring Prince, Billie Holliday, Frank Ocean, RuPaul, and more.

5. "This Is: Langston Hughes"

"Celebrate the start of Black History Month on what would have been Langston Hughes' 115th birthday. Here, he and other poets read and discuss his poetry."

6. "Feminist Friday"

"Celebrate Black History Month with a special playlist celebrating black women." Featuring Mary J. Blige, Beyoncé, Diana Ross, Whitney Houston, and more.

7. "Fierce"

"Yas, queens. Sparkle, sass, and clash with the utmost style to this fierce playlist." Featuring Drebae, Kehlani, CupcakKe, Mykki Blanco, and more.

8. "We Shall Overcome"

"Let us listen to the words of Martin Luther King, Jr. and songs inspired by his life and legacy." Featuring Common, John Legend, Bob Dylan, Mahalia Jackson, and more.

9. "Black Power Playlist"

Featuring Marvin Gaye, Solange, 2Pac, Childish Gambino, and more.

10. "Black Boy Joy"

"Play it louder. Do it with joy." Featuring Big Sean, Khalid, Chance the Rapper, Rae Sremmurd, and more.

11. "Black History Salute"

"We celebrate Black History Month." Featuring songs and speeches from Barack Obama, Kendrick Lamar, Ms. Lauryn Hill, Wanda Sykes, and more.