Let's Not Let Black Friday Overlook Thanksgiving

Oftentimes, Thanksgiving gets overpowered by Black Friday sales. This year, let's make an effort to appreciate what we are grateful for.

16851

November 26 is a day dedicated to being grateful for the things in your life that you appreciate. It can be easy to forget the true meaning of holidays since the decorations and events are fun yet distracting nonetheless.

This year, with COVID-19, Thanksgiving may look a little different. For example, my family is going to have three small tables, all separated at least 6 feet apart. This is to take precaution and limit the amount of cases that could potentially be spread. I recommend this Thanksgiving method to everyone who is reading because although family is important, and being close to your loved ones is always fun, safety comes first!

For several years now, I've noticed a large pattern every Thanksgiving. I go on social media and a ton of people are posting that they are camping outside of malls or large stores, in order to be the first ones to get Black Friday deals. There's no problem with this, my page is a judge-free zone, but I still think that Thanksgiving is typically overlooked as teenagers or savvy adults prioritize good deals the day after. This conflict lies in the companies in my opinion. If they set their Black Friday sales to start at noon the next day, or even 10 a.m. rather than midnight, then people wouldn't feel the need to camp outside for so long.

This year has been difficult for many. When thinking of what you are thankful for, be appreciative of everyone in your life that you love; be thankful for both the little things and the big things.