back to college

The Bittersweet Ending Of Summer​

Who's ready to go from beach days to school days?

1095
The Bittersweet Ending Of Summer​

The end of summer is always extremely bittersweet. To go from catching rays by the pool to hit the books in the library, the transition never seems to be an easy one. Going back to college means packing up your clothing boxes, having those last family pasta dinners, and receiving those tear-jerking goodbye hugs to your hometown best friends.

After my parents and I made the dreaded six-hour drive from New Orleans to Auburn, it was time for the worst part about getting back to school, the process of moving in. I moved into a new apartment this year and I had no idea how difficult and miserable it would be to get my entire life moved into a small college apartment room. The weather always plays a huge role in how enjoyable and smooth your move-in process goes. Unfortunately for me, it was hotter than the Sahara and raining cats and dogs, which is the worst combination if you ask me. I am living on the fifth floor, but luckily my apartment complex has an elevator. I tried to really cut back on the items I was bringing back to school with me, but I should've cut back even more. My parents' car and my car were completely full, so it felt like we took about a million trips back and forth. It was so exhausting bringing everything from the car to the room; it took us an entire day. We only had one break for lunch! My favorite part about move-in day was setting everything up and decorating the space. My mom and I love interior design, so the decorating part was right up our alley; my dad, on the other hand, hates decorating. Thankfully, he is very handy when it comes to tools and putting pieces together, so while my mom and I were decorating he was hanging things.

My biggest take away from the move-in process is that working as a team makes everything a lot simpler. The more we all three worked together, the faster we were about to get things checked off our to-do list. That take away is something I should remind myself more often throughout my daily life; working with others can be a lot more effective than working alone.