You Have No Reason To Be Mad If Someone Is Praying For You

Stop Being Bitter When Someone Says They're Praying For You

Why would you dismiss someone's well wishes?

310

My relationship with God has always been a fluctuating and ever-changing connection.

I grew up in a relaxed Catholic church. I went to PSR. I was baptized. I had my first communion. I learned the message of the Bible.

However, I stopped going to PSR once I had my first communion.

I still went to church on the holidays or whenever my dad would ask us to. I still paid attention to what Father Al had to say. I still believed in what they said and that God had a plan for me.

From then, I starting drifting away from organized religion. My family stopped going to church at all and I distanced myself from God. How could there be a God out there causing all of this pain in my life? I didn't understand, and quite frankly, I was pissed.

Since I've been in college, I have grown closer to God again. I do believe that He is out there with a plan for me, but I also believe in science as well as a mix of beliefs of different religions. I believe in the energy of the universe and that it flows and ebbs in relation to our attitudes toward the universe. I believe that the energy that you put out in the world is the energy you get back, rather than be positive or negative.

But whenever someone told me that they were praying for me, I never took offense. Maybe it's because I grew up praying, but I never thought of someone thinking well of me as a negative thing.

Praying is not shoving a certain religion down someone's throat. Praying for you is simply saying "I am sending you my good wishes and I hope it all goes well for you." It's not like we're saying that you must now answer to God and Jesus and can only be a Christian.

You get back what you put in the world, you emit the energy that you feel and receive that energy back. Someone wishing their best on you does not have to do with what God they pray to. Praying doesn't even specifically apply to take to God. Praying equates to a general wish or hope for a particular outcome.

So by definitions, praying for someone just means that you are thinking, wishing, and hoping for something to turn out a certain way. Why would you dismiss that? Why would you get mad about that? Why would you be upset about positivity being put into your life?

Get over your bias and accept the positivity into your life.