5 Reasons I Would Move To Rapture From "Bioshock"
Travel

5 Reasons I would move to rapture from "Bioshock"

"No gods or kings, only man."

154
https://www.flickr.com/photos/87097269@N03/33645652144/in/photolist-Tg9LbL-5ymnuu-edg2om-5ygZWv-g2StD4-24yCYe5-UD2pTS-o2cUfC-W4ScUW-qRmckG-9TLKNg-9TLKA8-24bAGn2-5Br44T-6VXa21-Snfei2-9TLKVD-9JBxp5-AdF9Mz-TtLXF5-eDnqFw-UPUvo2-f5tykK-Xou3Bt-Kmj6z5-qyReES-o2e8cz-izUYrp-pFq9EB-9TPxPL-dk5bVz-kJdgDH-74Rr2G-tfyQSQ-pUqtqG-MxNbC-UQofDz-o2d8Fe-pQd4UZ-f4kxX5-abDaDD-dHCB6U-25VcxyM-YeVz1Q-9TLJRi-24fJAJh-jjHVHb-GcmybK-cYnobU-9TPyG5
Flickr Creative Commons

A city built free from God and law is one that I'm sure some people can only dream of living in. That same city also being built underwater, far away from the rest of society also has its perks. While the vision of Rapture was much better in planning than it was in execution, there are still many reasons that living in Rapture was incredible (while it lasted). Here are all the reasons that I would have happily lived in the city of Rapture from the game "Bioshock."

1. To meet Andrew Ryan

Although seen as a villain, Ryan was just acting on his vision of Utopia. If he were a real man, he probably would have done something in his life to be remembered as one of the great minds of his generation. Building a city can be no easy task, much less building one at the bottom of the sea. The overall vision may not have panned out in the end, but it would have been an honor to meet this man.

2. For the scientific advancements

Everyone who is familiar with Rapture knows that they are no stranger to experimentation. Adam and Eve being their largest "accomplishments," they've allowed the human body to expand past the natural reaches of what our bodies can actually handle. While these drugs led to what many of us know as splicers, science in Rapture was vast and advanced when compared to that of the real world. Being a part of those unearthly discoveries is something that is impossible to pass up.

3. For the music

The '40s and '50s were a time when some of the best music emerged, including songs such as "Beyond the Sea" by Bobby Darin, "If I Didn't Care" by The Ink Spots and "Bei Mir Bist Du Schon" by The Andrew Sisters. Rapture is known for constantly playing classic songs all around the city, and I would be lying if I said I don't sing along when playing the game. Music has changed so much (for the worse in my opinion), and the style of these songs is just what I need. Sandor Cohen was the biggest influencer for music and art in Rapture and, while he was also ever-so-slightly crazy, his work would no doubt be incredible to see.

4. For Rapture's downfall

Maybe it won't quite make sense to you why I would want to be there for this. Splicers came out of the walls, the city crumbled and practically every bit of control anyone had on the city was gone. In short, Rapture was not quite a safe place to be. When I think about what the city was after it lost its beauty, the best thing I remember is seeing people band together. Granted, some of these people were certifiably insane. There was a whole other atmosphere that came about during this time and I wouldn't mind being a part of it.

5. To meet Big Daddies and Little Sisters

Rapture inhabitants' large dependence on the substance called Eve has forced the scientists of Rapture to create what are called Big Daddies and, their slightly less threatening counterparts, Little Sisters. While I already have a stuffed animal of a Big Daddy, it would be really interesting to see these guys in real life. (Just as long as they didn't feel threatened by me and decided to attack.)

Although Rapture started as a gleaming utopia under the sea and that quickly morphed into a dystopia, there was always something about it that made me feel connected to it. While "safe" is one of the last words you would use to describe the city, there were some who managed to survive their without losing their minds; and I would like to think I could have joined them.