5 TV Shows To Binge During Quarantine To Keep The Corona Blues Away

Yes, "Family Feud" is on the list.

9

I'm sure many of us have already binge-watched enough Netflix or television in general since quarantine began, but there's always more to watch. I've been really into these shows lately, and I've been watching many of them since I was in high school. These five television shows helped me get through many at-home days, and I hope that you enjoy them, too.

"Family Feud"

I'm a sucker for game shows, especially "Family Feud." I've been watching it with my family while we eat dinner ever since quarantine started. The families that compete are adorable and Steve Harvey (the best "Family Feud" host, in my opinion) is hilarious. Some are the questions that are asked are questionable but nonetheless, the answers that family members give never cease to surprise me sometimes.

"Survivor"

I used to watch "Survivor" religiously while I was in high school, and I recently started to watch it again. Basically, the show takes a punch of players, divides them up into three tribes (usually), and drops them off on an island. The model of the show is "Outwit, outplay, outlast," meaning that it is a physical competition as much as it is a social one. They compete in challenges, win rewards, form alliances, and go to tribal council where all of the tea is spilled and one person gets eliminated each time.

"Dr. Phil"

I do not condone the behaviors of the guests on the show, but I do find their stories intriguing. Many of the guests have issues revolving around drug addictions, family relationships, money frauds, and mental illnesses. Personally, I don't want my problems to be known by millions of people, but I guess that's what you have to do if you want Dr. Phil's help. He's blunt, doesn't take any excuses from anyone, and stands behind what he says, and you could learn a thing or two.

"Shark Tank"

Initially, I thought this show was about people swimming with sharks which is what made me select the show from the television guide, but it turns out that it's about entrepreneurs creating a new product and starting a company from it. I personally do not know much about business or entrepreneurship, but I think it's cool to be able to keep updated on what's new in the market. You get to see how people make pitches and what makes for a successful negotiation and business deal.

"The Bachelor Presents: Listen to Your Heart"

I've only watched one episode of it, and I'm not exactly sure how I feel about this edition of "The Bachelor." I was a fan of the regular "Bachelor," "Bachelorette," and "Bachelor in Paradise" series, and I find this series to be kind of random. Basically, all of the contestants share a common talent, which is singing. On the first day, they have to pair up, and whoever they pair up with, they have to sing a duet with each week. Every week, there is an elimination based on each couple's performance and connection. It may not be the greatest series from "The Bachelor," but at least the contestants are good singers.