Billie Eilish Living Life To The Beat Of Her Drum Is A Major Mood

Always stay true to yourself.

33

If you haven't yet heard of Billie Eilish, where have you been?

Not only is she the youngest solo female artist to grab the number one spot on UK charts, but her single "Bad Guy" also dethroned Lil Nas X's "Old Town Road" to top the Hot 100 Billboard chart.

The most admirable thing about Billie Eilish is her unwavering belief in herself and her unending courage that has always been a key part of who she is and how she conducts business. At just 13 years old, she revealed to Pharrell Williams in a recent interview with V Magazine that during her first interview with executives, she knew exploitation ran rampant within the industry. Rather than give up or give in and be someone she isn't, Billie Eilish stuck to her guts and created her own path. Now, at 17 years old she has made an incredible mark on the world.

Billie Eilish is a champion for female artists.

She's never scared to speak her mind and speak the truth. During the aforementioned first interview, executives remarked, "Oh, you're 13, yikes, you're going to be used," among other disrespectful comments. Knowing it was basically now or never, she proved that you can be a strong female who stands up for what she believes in even if it questions the status quo and goes against the norm.

Even more so, she is a champion for women everywhere, of all ages.

Women have always been told to have quiet voices, follow along without disagreement and basically remain in the background. When women did speak up, they were met with criticism. I've always been one to question societal norms placed on women, which is something Billie Eilish is doing and using her name to put power behind her actions and words. Although she admits to having a stubborn personality, it is ultimately what got her to where she is today. She knows what she wants, and she knows what she doesn't want.

Billie Eilish is living her life to the beat of her own drum.

Many of us believed she was making a statement against feminine stereotypes through her wardrobe choices, but she's just out there doing her. Billie Eilish isn't out there going "I'm going to wear baggy clothes because it's 'baggy clothes'…I wear what I want to wear." Yet, no matter what she says, people still think she's doing it so other people who dress like her won't be 'slut-shamed.' Nope, she's just living her life by her own rules.

If she can do it, anyone can do it. Start living your life by your own rules and you'll be a lot closer to achieving your dreams.

From Your Site Articles