5 Reasons Why Billie Eilish Is My Girl Crush

I love Billie, and so should you.

839
Billie Elish Instagram

Billie Eilish has become my holy grail girl crush since around 2016. I finally went to see her in concert, and it was the best night of my life. Since then, I've wanted to share my fangirliness with everyone, so here are a few reasons why she needs to be your WCW too!

1. Her voice sounds like a thousand angels singing in harmony.

So recently, I went to see Billie in concert in Atlanta. Let me just spill the tea real quick. This girl sounds EXACTLY the same or even better in person. Her voice is so ethereal and unreal. She was singing laying down, sitting, standing on a floating bed, and jumping around, all while sounding like an angel sent from Heaven above.

2. She can rock any hair color that's on the spectrum.

Billie has rocked several colors, including blue, grey, black, purple, etc. and pulls them all off equally well. Eilish has said in a buzzfeed interview that she wants to change her hair not because she loves a change, but because she hates her hair. I'd have to disagree Billie. I STAN a colored queen.

3. She's a big fan of "The Office".

Billie claims to have watched the series OVER 12 times. Her tour buses are even adorned with pictures of the cast on the windshields. Billie has also gone head to head with Dwight Schrute (Rainn Wilson) on her knowledge of the sitcom and came out as the ultimate winner, donning a prize of a Chobani yogurt lid paperclip chain necklace. Billie has also featured some audio from the series into her new song "my strange addiction".

4. She wears WHATEVER she wants, and owns the look.

Billie is speaking her truth in a new Calvin Klein ad by revealing the reason behind her signature baggy clothes. She explains that she doesn't want the world to know everything about her, so she relies on fashion to protect herself. "That's why I wear baggy clothes," she says in the ad. "Nobody can have an opinion because they haven't seen what's underneath. Nobody can be like, 'she's slim-thick,' 'she's not slim-thick,' 'she's got a flat ass,' 'she's got a fat ass.' No one can say any of that because they don't know." All I can say after that is you do you, sis. Women being body shamed/sexualized is a regular occurrence, and for her to use her platform to speak out about it, applause to you babe.

5. She's accomplished all of this by age 17.

From a very young age, Billie has had a flair for music. At the age of eight, she joined the Los Angeles Children's Chorus and by the time she turned eleven, she was able to start writing and singing her own songs. In early 2016, she dropped her debut single, "Ocean Eyes" on SoundCloud, which she followed up with a music and dance video. By November that year, Ocean Eyes was re-released across the globe via Darkroom and Interscope Records to mainly positive reviews. Since then, Billie's estimated net worth is $5 million and her Instagram page alone has 14.5+ million followers. She has 32+ million monthly listeners on Spotify plus her YouTube boasts 9+ million subscribers and 1.4+ billion video view. Can you say you've accomplished that much by age 17? I know I sure couldn't.

I hope you've enjoyed a few of my reasons, but believe me, there are plenty more. Billie, if you ever read this, I love you. -your girl Hailey