A Big Thank You To My Gay Best Friend

A Big Thank You To My Gay Best Friend

Thank you for allowing me to be me.

16
A Big Thank You To My Gay Best Friend

Dear Best Friend,

I wanted to take time out and dedicate this letter to you.

I love telling people how we met because you didn't like me in the beginning. We happened to be painting park benches for community service for West Virginia University. I so happen to have been walking with the paint brush by my side when I kinda got a little paint on your new timberlands. So let's just say he didn't have that many kind words to me. But, as we headed back to school, you were on Vine cracking up to videos. Just so happens I was sitting in front of you and you showed a bunch of us the video. A video of a mannequin walking crazy up and down blocks with the song A Thousand Miles by Vanessa Carlton, playing in the background. We laughed for about 30 minutes watching this video and from then on out have been best friends ever since.

Throughout the last four years, you are not just my best friend but you are my other half. You allow me to be me, you don't judge. You support me through everything, yell at me when I'm making a bad decision and you're always there for me when I fall.

We have been through it all, our ups and downs. Not only do we fight like brother and sister. But, we share the love of siblings. You have sat there while I've cried, bitched and complained. Even though I know half the time you want to tell me to "stop talking". You don't, you will sit there till 4 a.m. and listen to me vent. But, through it all, you never gave up on me. We always have the best times together. Whether it's jamming to music, hiking or sitting at the bar. We always make our time together so much fun.

You have been there when no one else was. You know every part of my life and I know everything about you. We have come to the point that we can read each other's minds just from our facial expression. We partially know each other like a book

I want to thank you for always being there for me. I would like to thank you for adding value to my life. Showing me a different point of view on life. For letting me view the world from your eyes.

You have taught me many value things in life. How people don't always treat you with respect. How you should never judge a book by its cover. You shouldn't care what others think because everyone is entitled to their own opinion. How a man should treat me.

Regardless of where life takes us, I know one thing. We are on this journey together. Even though we may be states away. We will forever be best friends. We will always have each other's backs no matter what. We will be there for those late night calls, texts, and face-times.

So here's to many more years because you're never getting rid of me!

Love always,

Your Best Friend