A Big Thank You To My Big Brother

A Big Thank You To My Big Brother

A well-deserved thank you for putting up with me for 18 years of you life.

287
A Big Thank You To My Big Brother
Quote Master

Hey there Jon,

I know you probably don't like the fact I'm writing an entire Odyssey article about you, but you deserve some recognition for everything you've done for me this year. I'm sure sharing a college campus, especially with how small SVC is, with your little freshman sister isn't your favorite thing. But, here we are, approaching the ends of our freshman and junior years, respectivily. So, this is for you, Jon.

I wouldn't be playing Frisbee if it wasn't for you. Granted, I don't think I would've gotten out of playing since you are the club president, but I'm glad to play with you. Thanks for no matter how many awful throws I give you, how many times I get beat on defense, or drop a disc, you still encourage me and tell me how to get better. You may make smart comments about my game play, but I know deep down they're paid out of love for me. We may fight on the field, but oh well.I have to say, the other night when I flicked that disc straight through the gap in the bench, I was pretty proud of myself. Even though I missed for rehearsals or left early, you didn't get mad at me, hopefully you were just glad to have me down there. I'll try to do the best I can to carry on the club once you graduate next spring.

Thanks for caring about me. When I went to schedule for the spring semester in the fall, you let me sit with you in Carey and walked me through getting everything set up to register. Then, when I didn't get my lab, you helped me pick out another lab section and calmed me down as I freaked out. When I tried out for the Voice, even though I wasn't picked for a team, you still told me I did good. Then, that one night at frisbee when I somehow managed to knee myself in the chin as I tried to dive for a disc, you told me to stop at the Shack and get a cup of ice. Later that night, you messaged me asking how I felt. Thanks for caring about me, even though some days, you probably want to forget that I go to school with you.

Thanks for answering all my phones calls on random things like if you were down at the turf for frisbee because I didn't want to be the first one down there to if you had an intermural soccer game. Or random Facebook messages on if you got the volleyball schedule, what was picked for the next Players show, or whatever dumb question I probably asked. Thanks for helping me get all my stuff back in my room after breaks even though I'm sure you'd rather be heading off to your room. Thanks for helping me the one time I fell while I tried to carry all my stuff up the hill at once, even if you laughed at first.

You have no clue how many times I have totally surpised people that you are my brother, or for them to be shocked at the fact that I even have a brother, even in the second semester of school. I'm sure that this will not stop at the end of this year. Also, when this happens, I often have to find one of the few and far between pictures of us, which often leads to an "Oh I've seen him around!", often followed by, "Yeah you look nothing like each other." Next year, when your a senior, I'm sure I'll still surpise someone when saying that we are related.

Even though I swear we are polar opposites, thanks for being a pretty great brother. Growing up with you by myside has been pretty great. I wouldn't want to have spent 18 years annoying anyone else all the time but you. I can't wait to see how many great things you do in the future. I love you to the moon and back. I couldn't have been blest with a better teammate, friend, fellow Bearcat, and of course, brother.

Love, your little sis,

Morgan