13 Bible Verses For Girl Who Need A Reminder Of Who She Is

13 Bible Verses For The Srat Girl Who Needs A Little Reminder Of Who She Is

It is easy to start focusing on the wrong things.

115

I recently discovered a bible study on my campus for sorority members. I was super nervous about it at first, with the whole stereotypes of houses and how sorority life as a whole is seen as very superficial. It has been one of the most rewarding decisions I have made at Syracuse.

Sorority life can lead people to really focus on outward appearances and what they hear in the rumor mill. Getting caught up in all of that is super easy. Especially around the recruitment season, we tend to judge others based on first impressions and outward appearances.

In honor of being inspired by some of the bible study sessions I have been sitting through, here are some bible verses for the sorority girls who need to remind themselves of their foundation and who they are.

1. Psalm 73:26

"My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever."

2. Matthew 17:20

"He replied, 'Because you have so little faith. Truly I tell you, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 'move from here to there,' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you.'"

3. 1 Samuel 16:7

"But the Lord said to Samuel, "Do not consider his appearance or his height, for I have rejected him. The Lord does not look at the things people look at. People look at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart."

4. Jeremiah 29:11

"'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.'"

5. Philippians 4:6-7

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

6. 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

"Always be joyful. Never stop praying. Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you who belong to Christ Jesus."

7. Proverbs 31:25

"She is clothed with strength and dignity, and she laughs without fear of the future."

8. Exodus 14:14

"The Lord will fight for you; you need only to be still."

9. Romans 6:6

"For we know that our old self was crucified with him so that the body ruled by sin might be done away with, that we should no longer be slaves to sin."

10. Genesis 1:27

"So God created mankind in his own image, in the image of God he created them; male and female he created them."

11. Psalm 139:14

"I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well"

12. Ephesians 2:10

"For we are God's handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do."

13. Galatians 2:20

"I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me."