11 Bible Verses For The Start Of The School Year

Sometimes, school is too overwhelming to try to handle alone.

10668
Tumblr

If you are anything like me, a new school year brings a truckload of different emotions. I tend to be like a kindergartener on the first day of classes, excited about everything and everyone I get to see. I can’t fall asleep the night before classes start and I feel like I’m in a magical place during that first week. Then, reality sets in and I realize I’ve just begun another semester of projects, papers, deadlines and all-nighters. While I am so excited to begin my senior year of college, I also know full well that I am in for a crazy ride.

Every year, I feel as eager as a puppy for school to begin again, but I also feel nervous, afraid, anxious and completely unprepared. We all know that unexpected things happen during the school year, both good and bad, and sometimes we get caught anxiously thinking about the bad things that could happen or all the uncertainties that lie ahead.

To begin this school year, I decided to find my peace and motivation from our Good Lord. I’ve found some words from God that should hopefully ease any unrest we may carry and also ignite our spirits, ready for the adventure that awaits!

1. Isaiah 41:10 "So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."

2. John 16:33 “I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.”

3. Psalm 16:8 “I keep my eyes always on the LORD. With him at my right hand, I will not be shaken.”

4. 1 Peter 5:7 "Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you."

5. Isaiah 26:3 "You will keep in perfect peace those whose minds are steadfast, because they trust in you."

6. Psalm 119:50 "My comfort in my suffering is this: Your promise preserves my life."

7. Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

8. Romans 8:28 "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose."

9. Romans 15:13 "May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit."

10. Deuteronomy 31:6 "Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.”

11. Philippines 4:8 "Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, let your mind dwell on these things."