Sometimes, we may feel like we're stuck in the "waiting," which is when God asks us to just be patient for what is yet to come. Whether it's in between jobs, relationships, schools, or something else, it may feel like God is absent, and you may start to doubt Him. Let these Bible verses be of comfort to you in these times, reminding you that although He may be quiet, He is constantly working in your life to prepare you for what is next.
1. "For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope." - Jeremiah 29:11
God has you in His hands; He will not let you down, even when you face adversity. His plan for you is great, and we shouldn't ever doubt the direction in which He guides us.
2."The Lord is not slow to fulfill his promise as some count slowness, but is patient towards you, not wishing that any should perish, but that all should reach repentance." - 2 Peter 3:9
It's important to remember that God is in no rush. He wants what is best for all of us, and His timing will reflect that even if it doesn't align with our own desires.
3. "But you, take courage! Do not let your hands be weak, for your work shall be rewarded." - 2 Chronicles 15:7
Although these times may be difficult, they are ones of growth, and God is helping you work through them. Your struggles will be worth it in the end.
4. "…but they who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint." - Isaiah 40:31
If we trust in God's plans, we will truly see all that has been planned for us. He will guide us toward what will strengthen us.
5. "I waited patiently for the Lord; he inclined to me and heard my cry." - Psalm 40:1
God hears all of our struggles, and He is with us through them all. Wait patiently for His plans to unfold, and your cries will be heard and addressed.
6. "Jesus answered him, 'What I am doing you do not understand now, but afterward you will understand.'" - John 13:7
We may not fully understand God's plan, but we must trust that it is good. If we are patient with Him, we will be able to see all that He has to offer us.
7. "The heart of man plans his way, but the Lord establishes his steps." - Proverbs 16:9
We may try to plan out our entire future, but it's important to remember that it is God who will help us get there. Trust in Him with your plans and be patient when your plans may not align directly with His.
8. "But if we hope for what we do not see, we wait for it with patience." - Romans 8:25
If we are going to ask God to direct our future, we must wait for the unknown with patience. God will reveal it to us in His own time.
9. "And after you have suffered a little while, the God of all grace, who has called you to his eternal glory in Christ, will himself restore, confirm, strengthen, and establish you." - 1 Peter 5:10
It's important to remember that these seemingly tough and stagnant times are ones of growth, and God is using them to prepare you for what He has in store.
10. "Behold, I am the Lord, the God of all flesh. Is anything too hard for me?" - Jeremiah 32:27
Keep in mind that nothing is too hard for the Lord. He can do all things, and we must trust in Him when we feel hopeless.
11. "The Lord is good to those who wait for him, to the soul who seeks him." - Lamentations 3:25
God will provide us with what we need if we are just patient with Him, seeking Him in all that we hope for.
12. "Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make straight your paths." - Proverbs 3: 5-6
Above all else, we must trust in His plan. He will lead us to what we need, and we should put all of our faith and hope in Him.
So, although seeing His plan and the goodness of it may be difficult when he asks us to be patient with Him, it's important to trust in Him and the path He leads us down. We will be given exactly what we need if we learn to trust in His timing rather than our own.