Bible Verses About Gratefulness Perfect For Thanksgiving

With Thanksgiving coming up this week, your mind may be dreaming about the dinner of juicy turkey, delicious dressing and sweet pumpkin pie as your family watches football, plays games, or catches up.

One part of your Thanksgiving Day that you shouldn't neglect though is being grateful for your blessings. Whether your blessings have been around for a while or are new, you should still appreciate them.

Here are 15 Bible verses about gratefulness that you can incorporate into your dinner prayer or use to help you get into the right frame of mind this Thanksgiving.

1. 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

"Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." (NIV)

2. 1 Chronicles 16:34

"Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; his love endures forever." (NIV)

3. Colossians 3:17

"And whatever you do, in word or deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him." (ESV)

4. Hebrews 12:28

"Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, let us be thankful. By it, we may serve God acceptably, with reverence and awe." (CSB)

5. 2 Corinthians 9:11

"He will always make you rich enough to be generous at all times, so that many will thank God for your gifts which they receive from us." (Good News)

6. Psalm 100:4-5

"Enter His gates with thanksgiving and His courts with praise. Give thanks to Him, bless His name. For the Lord is good; His lovingkindness is everlasting and His faithfulness to all generations." (NASB)

7. 2 Thessalonians 1:3

"We ought always to thank God for you, brothers and sisters, and rightly so, because your faith is growing more and more, and the love all of you have for one another is increasing." (NIV)

8. Psalm 118:28

"You are my God, and I will praise you; you are my God, and I will exalt you." (NIV)

9. Lamentations 3:22-23

"The faithful love of the Lord never ends! His mercies never cease. Great is his faithfulness; his mercies begin afresh each morning." (NLT)

10. Philippians 4:12-13

"I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do all this through him who gives me strength." (NIV)

11. 1 Timothy 2:1-3

"I urge, then, first of all, that petitions, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for all people—for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness. This is good and pleases God our Savior." (NIV)

12. Hebrews 13:15-16

"Let us, then, always offer praise to God as our sacrifice through Jesus, which is the offering presented by lips that confess him as Lord. Do not forget to do good and to help one another, because these are the sacrifices that please God." (Good News)

13. Philippians 4:6-7

"Don't fret or worry. Instead of worrying, pray. Let petitions and praises shape your worries into prayers, letting God know your concerns. Before you know it, a sense of God's wholeness, everything coming together for good, will come and settle you down. It's wonderful what happens when Christ displaces worry at the center of your life." (The Message)

14. 1 Timothy 4:4-5

"For everything God created is good, and nothing is to be rejected if it is received with thanksgiving, because it is consecrated by the word of God and prayer." (NIV)

15. Psalm 9:1

"I will praise you, Lord, with all my heart; I will tell of all the marvelous things you have done." (NLT)