19 Bible Verses That Have Shaped Me Into Who I Am Today

God's words can change you life. Here are a few that have changed mine.

370

This past week, I celebrated my nineteenth birthday. It is not an extremely significant birthday in the eyes of most, but it marks another year of growth and wisdom in my life. With each year I often notice a difference in my relationship with God. Some years, it has been strengthened; other years, it has shown a need for improvement. Regardless, He has always been present, remaining in my life as a voice of hope, wisdom, guidance, and so much more. As difficult as it was to narrow this list down, these are words I find myself reaching for as I take each step in my daily life:

1. 1 Peter 5:7

"Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you."

2. Proverbs 16:3

"Commit your work to the Lord, and your plans will be established."

3. Psalm 66:16

"Come and hear, all you who fear God; let me tell you what he has done for me."

4. James 1:2-3

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance."

5. Habakkuk 1:5

"Look at the nations and watch - be utterly amazed. For I am going to do something in your days that you would not believe, even if you were told."

6. Matthew 5:41

"If anyone forces you to go one mile, go with them two miles."

7. Mark 4:40

"He said to his disciples, 'Why are you so afraid? Do you still have no faith?'"

Hebrews 11:1

"Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen."

9. Psalms 19:14

"Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in your sight, O Lord, my rock and my redeemer."

10. 2 Corinthians 5:7

"For we live by faith, not by sight."

11. Hebrews 6:15

"And so after waiting patiently, Abraham received what was promised."

12. Luke 6:42

"How can you say to your brother, 'Brother, let me take that speck out of your eye,' when you yourself fail to see the plank in you own eye?"

13. Ecclesiastes 2:21

"There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under the heavens."

14. Isaiah 54:10

"'Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed,' says the Lord who has compassion on you."

15. Luke 1:45

"Blessed is she who has believed that the Lord would fulfill his promises to her!"

16. Psalm 46:5

"God is within her, she will not fall; God will help her at break of day."

17. Romans 8:38-39

"For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord."

18. Philippians 4: 8

"Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable - if anything is excellent or praiseworthy - think about such things."

19. Proverbs 31:26

"She speaks with wisdom, and faithful instruction is on her tongue."