Beyoncè Empowers White Women Too

Why Beyoncé Is Empowering To White Women Too

I dream it, I work hard, I grind it till I own it.

44
https://unsplash.com/photos/_oc6sbrCzD4
https://unsplash.com/photos/_oc6sbrCzD4

Beyoncé is undoubtedly known for her strong voice, and an incredible representation of her culture, and her beliefs.

Making it clear that being an African American woman, or man should be accepted and owned.

Her music gets us dancing out of our chairs, and singing right along with her.

While everyone, male, female, older, and younger has their own opinions on Queen B.

One thing that she stands for that's clear, is Empowerment.

And I think this message can be received by all of us.

You can be curvy, with a gorgeous afro, or you can be skinny, with long thin hair.

You can be pale or dark, the point is, you're owning not only the way you look but who you are.

I personally think white women are accused of not having enough culture, rhythm, or "spice."

And this can be true. No shame.

But there is beauty within all of us, even the skinny girl with amazing abs we all secretly hate.

She's beautiful.

Just as the redhead with no eyelashes, the blonde who can't really tan, is gorgeous.

Beyoncé makes being who we are, owning your ethnicity not only a good thing but something worth knowing.

Learn your history, find out what English colony you belong to, or which part of Europe your family is from, and express it.

Express it however you know how.

Whether that's through your food, your clothes, your art, or music,

If you're a cowgirl or a city girl, then be that.

American isn't supposed to represent white supremacy but rather a country that is accepting of all.

Those are the kind of white women we should be.

Not the stereotypes of a "white girl," or a "dumb blonde."

Know that no matter how pale you might be, no matter how short, or weight, you're amazing.

White girls can be skinny, or curvy, which is another beautiful thing about Beyoncé she's a beautiful curvy woman, and no one is fat shaming her. Just as no one else should be.

That thigh gap or that nonexistent one is great.

Because it's you.

And maybe you don't have spice or rhythm, but you can try, get out of your comfort zone and express whoever that is.

Even being shy, and timid, is still expressing yourself in your own way, and in the way that makes you feel comfortable.

The takeaway we can truly get from Beyoncé is being true to who we are, and that doesn't mean being her, or being someone like her.

It's taking away what we've learned from our pasts, from our mothers, or our grandmothers, learning from our history, and being a better example.

And maybe you're just a white girl, with European ancestors, but that still makes you a Beyoncé in your own way.

Represent.

Learn more about it who you are and where you come from, and what you'll find is that we all have an amazing heritage.

No matter what color we are.

We're all Beyoncé's.