Beyonce And Meghan Markle

Beyoncé is a Meghan Markle stan, and it was proven with the video below.

The 2019 Brit Awards took place on a Wednesday night where Beyoncé and Jay-Z accepted the award for Best International Group via video message. Their surprise appearance wasn't the only surprise in the video!

Recreating their "APES-" video instead of standing in front of the "Mona Lisa" they stood in front of a Duchess of Sussex portrait. The Duchess was covered in pearls and had a big sparkly crown to top it off. This portrait was fitting for the BRIT awards, but in the past, Beyoncé has spoken highly of Meghan's work with women and African Americans in her community. Meghan Markle is biracial and the first African American to join the Royal Family.

So who's behind the iconic portrait? After it broadcast at the BRITS, the internet went crazy wanting to know all the details of the portrait. The artist Tim O'Brien had no acknowledgment of the Carters using his portrait and found out from online! O'Brien spoke to PEOPLE saying "I think using the image as a double homage to Meghan and their own video "Apes–" was brilliant. Judging by the reaction online, countless others agreed." So no hard feelings there! The portrait first appeared in an alumnae magazine called 'The Key' for Kappa Kappa Gamma Meghan's sorority. It was the sorority's idea to paint Meghan as a princess, O'Brien and Kappa Kappa Gamma worked collectively to bring the portrait to life!

After the BRITS, Beyoncé took to Instagram to congratulate the mother to be! Writing "In honor of Black History Month, we bow down to one of our Melanated Monas. Congrats on your pregnancy! We wish you so much joy."

Beyoncé rarely takes to social media to praise or celebrate anyone! Meghan hasn't commented on this praise, but we know she is fangirling hard with the internet. The interaction of the two A-list celebrities is enough to set the internet on fire, but we can't forget Jay! Though he did only say "you're welcome" in the acceptance video, we have to give credit where credit is due. The Carters are a duo, but we know Beyoncé is the mastermind behind this iconic content!

We're already Beyoncé stans so now we must add Meghan Markle to the list! Here's to more iconic moments with the Duchess and Queen B!