786 Words To My Best Friend

786 Words To My Best Friend

I couldn't do day to day life without you. Thank you for coming into my life when I needed you the most.

28
786 Words To My Best Friend
Katie McKinnies

To my best friend,

There's many things that people can't explain in words, but there's way too many words I can type to explain you. You're my rock, my person, my partner in crime, and best friend. Where do I even start? Us hating each other whenever you got in the car at the grocery store, going to the lake all summer, skinny dipping in a neighborhood pool, messing with the boys who do us wrong, taking spontaneous trips to Florida, being there for my first tattoo on my 18th birthday, and so much more. I appreciate everything you do for me and everything you will continue to be there for. Even if we don't talk for weeks, we pick up right where we left off. I can't thank you enough and I'm even more thankful that I've had the opportunity to share how great you are with the rest of the world.

Thank you for letting me occupy your valuable time. You always find time to listen to my problems thoroughly and give me helpful feedback. I vent for hours about everything but I know you're always there when I need you. You keep me level-headed and tell me to shut up whenever I start to put myself down.

Thank you for being my shoulder to cry on. No matter what it is, I know I can cry with you without it being awkward. I've had more heartbreaks than anyone can imagine whether it be a boy, a friend, or a family member. (AKA you're the crazy friend that does stuff to get back at them)

Thank you for the memories and being my adventure buddy. Let's be honest, no one will ever replace the memories we have with each other. You're my favorite person to go on a road trip with because you'll sing along in the car with me no matter how horrible our singing is. Our summer full of adventures is one for the books and I can't wait to add on to it.

Thank you for the amount of times I've laughed since I've met you. I've never been so genuinely happy around someone. Your sarcastic self always gives me a good giggle. I feel bad for other people when they are around us because we always know what each other is thinking and go along with it. When we laugh, we end up laughing even more just from laughing so hard the first time.

Thank you for never judging me. The good, the bad, the ugly... you always tell me the truth about what you think but never end up judging me. I can be a lot to handle sometimes, but it doesn't seem to matter to you.

Thank you for making me change myself for the better. You teach me new traits everyday about being independent and loving myself. Life is more enjoyable with you than a boy anyways!

Thank you for being YOU. (This is the most important one) You are supportive, free-spirited, and selfless. You deserve nothing less than the best and I know you'll never settle for anything less than you deserve. You make the best of situation and continue to smile through the struggles. I owe so much to you.

We have had our ups and downs, our fights, our makeups, etc... but everything we've been through has only made us stronger. Look at us living together 5 hours away from home now. I can't wait to see what life has in store for each of us in the future. No matter what journey your career/college will take you on, what curveballs life throws at you, and any tough times anyone gives you; I want you to know that I will always be here. I can't stress how important you are to me. When you have found that friend who makes your worst days tolerable and constantly reminds you just how special you are, you know that you have found your best friend. I have certainly found mine. In the same apartment or miles apart, you will always be my best friend. Even though I say that whole 'miles apart' thing, I hope we are never miles apart again and we end up sitting on a porch whenever we are 50 years old, talking about all the people we don't like and watching trucks with hot grandpas riding by. I love you to the moon and back ginger.

I will only say this name for you.

Love, your roomie/BFF Katelyn