The Best (and Worst) Time of the Year

The Best (and Worst) Time of the Year

Christmas in college is a whole new experience.

29
The Best (and Worst) Time of the Year
http://www.planwallpaper.com/static/images/merry-christmas-hd-images.jpg

Christmas is a magical time. It's a time to gather as a family and celebrate the fact that Jesus was born to Mary. Christmas music is playing on the radio, Christmas movies are playing on TV, everyone is buying presents for their loved ones. It's a time to give and receive and to spend time with those we care about the most.

However, as college students, its hard for us to get into the Christmas spirit. We have final papers and projects and assignments to worry about. We also have the dreaded finals week right before Christmas. Something that usually works for me is listening to Christmas music while I do my school work. I also make sure to do fun Christmas-type activities with my friends on weekends leading up to Christmas break.

Christmas is a great time of year, but also a challenging time of year. The only thing we can do as college students is to make the best of it. This year I have the privilege of having a week before Christmas to really get into the Christmas spirit. I have always enjoyed Christmas, but since coming to college, the experience has been different. This year will especially different because we will be spending Christmas morning at our new house. 2016 has been filled with many changes and transition, but I'm glad I get to finish it in a house I love with people I love celebrating a holiday I love. So just remember the real meaning of the season and don't forget what it's all about.