The Best and Worst of the Instagram Updates

You can only avoid the update button for so long...

694

It seems like everyday there is a new update being released by Instagram for the app. Some updates have been GREAT while others have made me want to delete the app and never look at it again. Instagram has come a long way since its establishment in 2010, but here are some of the best and worst changes over the last 7 years.

BEST: Being able to zoom in

We have all been there. A relative or friend who doesn't have Instagram didn't understand why they couldn't zoom in. Well Instagram finally heard our complaints and this may be the best update yet.

WORST: Having to start at the top of the timeline when you leave the app

This one pains me. You can be mid scrolling down your feed, but wait, someone just texted you and now you will be punished for leaving the app to answer.

BEST: Direct messaging

One of the best parts of Instagram is tagging your friends in ridiculous memes. But maybe you don't want people to see that you tagged your friend in a post about caring more about pizza than your significant other. Have no fear, direct messaging is here!

WORST: Posts not being in chronological order

I really don't care whose post is the most popular, please just allow me to stalk in a chronologically appropriate manner!

BEST: Not having to fit your picture in a square

Some pictures are just not meant to fit in that square.

WORST: Only being able to geotag real locations

TBT to the days of being able to tag "Home" or "Middle of no where"

BEST: Instagram explore page

What's better than a page full of what Instagram thinks you like? (aka puppies)

WORST: Trying to tag a friend and their name not coming up when you start to type

JUST LET ME TAG MY FRIENDS!! Sorry for not knowing every person's username!!

UNDECIDED: Instagram stories and Instagram live

When did Instagram and Snapchat become the same app?