Best Ways To Spend Your Summer Vacation

Best Ways To Spend Your Summer Vacation

Take advantage of all of the vacations you get

159
Best Ways To Spend Your Summer Vacation
Caheaston

It is finally summer vacation and it’s time to take the shades out. Stress and books are a thing of the past, and laying in the sun until you fry is considered normal. What better way is there, to feel completely care-free than summer vacation? The second I finished my last final exam of the semester, I made my way to the beach. There are many ways to relax over summer vacation, but making the most out of your summer is what’s important. Soon enough, college will be over and summer vacation won’t mean anything to you. Figure out the best ways to spend your summer while you’re still living out your college career.

1. Don’t overwork yourself.

I know it seems like summer is the time to take on a second job and make as much money as you can. As important as it is to earn a decent paycheck, don’t waste your summer away by working seven days per week. Of course having a summer job is definitely something everyone should have, but don’t work so much that you don’t have time for yourself. Summer consists of three months of enjoyment and freedom. Don’t leave one stressful situation just to enter into another one. We only have a few summers before we are real adults with important jobs, so make these years count.

2. Spend time in the sun

Even if you’re a homebody who likes to hang around in your pajamas all day while binging Netflix, it is still important to go outside and take in the fresh air. There’s nothing wrong with being in your pajamas until 2 p.m., but make sure you take at least a couple days out of the week to spend time outside. Whether it’s a beach day, a pool day, exercising or even walking around an outdoor mall, give your body the exercise and vitamin D that it deserves. Sunshine is good for you, just don’t let yourself get a sunburn in the process. My favorite thing that I do to relax is I make myself a smoothie, I grab a book or my headphones, and I lay out at the pool either listening to music or reading that book. It is a great way to clear my head and feel completely at peace.

3. Explore new things

If you’re not working too hard, you have some free time. School isn’t taking over your life anymore and you don’t have a lot to do. This would be the perfect time to explore new things. Research the city that you live in and look for things you’re never done or seen before. Find a cool, hole in the wall exotic restaurant. Or go take a walk in that park that you’ve never been to. Whatever you decide, it is always exciting to experience new things, whether it is as simple as finding a new place to eat, or as adventurous as going parasailing.

4. Take time for a mini vacation

It is understandable that we are all broke college students, but taking a vacation may just be the best way to leave all of your stress behind. Start saving your money a few months before school ends, and budget wisely. There are many cheap but fun vacations that you can take, you just need to do your research and find the best thing. Get a group of friends together and experience an amazing vacation together. This is how you make memories.