15 Underrated Christmas Movies To Watch This Season

Because you can only watch "Rudolph" and "Elf" so many times...

309
ABC

I love Christmas. From the lights and decorations, to the atmosphere, to the music and movies, I love it all. Every year, I'm eager to put up my tree, turn on the Christmas music, and pick through my collection of movies to find my favorites. While the classic Christmas movies like "Home Alone" and "Frosty the Snowman" are must-watch films, there are a bunch of others that go unnoticed by a lot of people. Here are some of my favorite Christmas movies that don't always get the recognition they deserve for putting you in the Christmas spirit!

1. The Year Without A Santa Claus

Santa gets sick right before Christmas and has to cancel it altogether - and no one seems to care! Two elves go down to find people who still have Christmas spirit left in them. Plus, this movie features the miser brothers, Heat Miser and Snow Miser!

2. Unaccompanied Minors

A group of kids are stuck in an airport on Christmas Eve when their flights are cancelled due to a snowstorm. They get into all kinds of trouble as they try to make their Christmas a memorable one!

3. To Grandmother's House We Go

The Olsen twins are trying to make it to their grandmother's house for Christmas to give their mom a break. They meet some new friends and some trouble along the way, but it becomes a Christmas to remember.

4. The Best Christmas Pageant Ever

It's time for the church's annual Christmas pageant, but the Herdmans want to join! This dysfunctional group of siblings don't understand Christmas or the pageant at all. Everyone worries that they will ruin the play, but it might just be the best one yet!

5. Fred Claus

Fred resents his brother for being Santa Claus - how can he beat that? He goes to the North Pole to help out for Christmas, but he might just put Christmas in jeopardy for everyone.

6. The Ultimate Christmas Present

In this Disney Channel Original, two girls find a weather-making machine and create a snow storm to get them out of school. It quickly turns into a huge blizzard that threatens Christmas altogether!

7. Eloise at Christmastime

Eloise tries to play matchmaker between her friend, Bill, and the hotel owner's daughter, Rachel. There's one problem: she's engaged and getting married on Christmas Eve!

8. Holiday in Handcuffs

A woman kidnaps a man to be her boyfriend after she told her family she would be bringing someone home. Mario Lopez plays the kidnapped boyfriend, so you know it's going to be good!

9. Deck the Halls

Two neighbors compete to have the best Christmas decorations in the neighborhood. Starring Matthew Broderick and Danny DeVito, it's a good movie for the whole family!

10. Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer: The Movie

This version of Rudolph is my favorite: the evil Ice Queen bans threatens to create a huge blizzard if anyone crosses her bridge. When Rudolph goes missing, his friend crosses the bridge to find him. Whoopi Goldberg voices the Ice Queen, definitely give it a chance if you haven't seen it!

11. Christmas with the Kranks

When their daughter decides not to come home for Christmas, the Kranks decide not to celebrate it at all. They don't decorate, they don't participate in the neighborhood Christmas activities, and they plan a vacation instead. Their plans all come to a halt when their daughter changes her mind - and she's bringing home a guest!

12 Elmo Saves Christmas

This is a great one for kids. Maya Angelou tells the story of the time Elmo made a wish on his magic snowglobe that it would be Christmas every day. He travels through the year to see what Christmas looks like, and he finds that it isn't what he thought it would be. He has to reverse his wish before it's too late!

13. Mickey's Once Upon A Christmas

In three Christmas stories, we see what Christmas looks like for Mickey, Donald, and Goofy. Each heartwarming story presents a different message about family and the Christmas season.

14. Annabelle's Wish

Annabelle is a calf who wants to be one of Santa's reindeer. Even more than that, she wants Billy, her owner, to be able to talk again.

15. Mr. Magoo's Christmas Carol

Mr. Magoo plays Ebenezer Scrooge in this rendition of "A Christmas Carol." His nearsightedness and mumbling make him an unforgettable character!