If Your Best Friend Carries These 10 Traits, You Best Keep Them Around Forever

There are definitely more than 10 but let's just talk about the BEST ones.

115

I have learned over my four years of undergraduate at the University of Maine, that these are the legit friends, that I am going to have forever no matter how far I go. These are the people who really give a shit about me, worry and support me. I've heard people say, if you've been friends with someone for seven years they will be your friends forever, but I don't buy it.

My three-year friends in college are my forever friends and have the best traits of what a best friend is and should be. We may not always see eye to eye and we definitely fight but always come back together. I would do anything for them and I know they would do anything for me.

1. Supportive

The best of friends are always supportive of you, whether it be academically, relationship-wise, or even in the workplace. They will always support you. It may be a situation where they do not think agree that it is the right choice, but they will have your back through it all. Making you feel powerful and like you can accomplish the world.

2. Will tell you how it is

These friends are going to tell you like it is, and aren't afraid to do so. They have no problem putting you in your place when you need it and trust me, we all need it every now and again. This will knock you off your high horse before you get yourself in trouble. Plus you were probably being a dick anyways.

3. Make you laugh (even if your humor is kind of dark)

These people will constantly have you laughing, sometimes so much it hurts. You could be having the worst day and without even telling them they have you cracking up with a giant smile. Not to mention, their smiles and laughs are contagious and you cannot help but be happy when they're there.

4. Help you

The best friends will always drop everything to help you if they can. They worry about you when something happens and always want to make everything okay. I totaled my car two and a half hours away from my hometown and like 35 minutes from my best friends hometown and he literally offered his home to me even though he wasn't home at the time.

5. Are more excited than you are when something big happens

As a college student you are constantly accomplishing things, whether it be getting an A in a class you thought you were going to fail, getting a new job opportunity, turning 21, or getting into graduate school. Your friends are always super excited about it and sometimes even more excited then you are!

6. Shows their appreciation for you & your friendship

The best friends, show you how much they appreciate you, and your friendship all the time. Even if it is just doing small things like buying you your favorite candy when you said, saying drive safely and text me when you get home after you leave. They care and want you to be okay because they appreciate you.

7. Willing to compromise

All good friends, even best friends have disagreements or fights. If you're anything like my friend group it usually involves where we should get dinner that night! But the best of friends are willing to make a compromise for each other as long as one person is not ALWAYS compromising.

8. You can be gone for less than a day, and already miss each other

I've heard the best friends are the ones you barely talk to but when you see them it's like nothing changed, yeah, I call BS. The best friends are the ones who miss you and worry about you even though you have only been gone for like a day. Those are the ones who want the best for you always.

9. Adventurous

The best friends are so much fun because even if it is not something they love they are down for an adventure. "Oh wanna go hike?" "hell yes" or even "Hey I need to get clothes for my internship, want to tag along?" "yes!" Friends are always going to go on adventures no matter how big or small, it is always an adventure.

10. Love

These friends LOVE you. They legit love you with all of their hearts, you leave, "LOVE YA!" We always tell each other we love each other. We show it, we are always there for each other and will do anything for each other. We love each other like we love our family.

Friends are the best for so many reasons, including providing support, love and just caring. But they are literally the lifelines that get you through college, and the hard times of entering the real world. They are there for you even when you are far away, or right next door. Best friends in college are more than just friends, they're your family.