10 'Touristy' Places In NYC That Are Still Worth Visiting
Travel

10 'Touristy' Places In NYC That Are Still Worth Visitin

Yes these are popular tourist spots, but it doesn't make them not worth visiting.

145
woman looking out at new york city skyline
Kayla Russo

Yes, these are popular tourist spots, but it doesn't make them not worth visiting.

1. Bryant Park

A popular spot to visit for most people that visit NYC for the first time. A great place to walk around in warmer months, but can be super crowded around Christmas time due to all the Christmas decor.

2. SoHo, Manhattan

Definitely, a hot spot that can easily turn into an all-day trip due to all that it has to offer. Being that it is full of vendors, along with great places to eat and shop around.

3. Museum of Modern Art

This is a great place to visit even if you are not an art lover yourself. Who wouldn't want to say they visited one of the most influential art museums in the world?

4. Chinatown

Another hot spot, and a great place to visit if you are a foodie or like trying new things. Chinatown is again, full of great places to eat and has a number of shops to get souvenirs at.

5. Rockefeller Center

Classic spot to visit in NYC, especially during the winter months because of the large ice skating rink in the center.

6. High Line

This is a great spot for people who enjoy scenic views, being that it is an elevated park that shows you all of what NYC has to offer.

7. St. Patrick's Cathedral

One of the most beautiful pieces of architecture, go see for yourself. You'll understand why it speaks for itself.

8. American Museum of Natural History

If you love history, you'll fall in love with this museum, which just so happens to be the largest history museum in the world. A spot you should definitely go to at least once.

9. Little Italy

You don't know good Italian food until you visit little Italy, a great spot to try new Italian foods and desserts.

10. Brooklyn Botanical Garden

Great spot if you enjoy nature, but who doesn't. This botanical garden will not disappoint you, how could it when its 50+ acres of gardens and flowers, right in Brooklyn? If you don't like the hustle and bustle of NYC, this is a nice place to walk around and just take in the scenery.